TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Bronco?

39Mustang

With Ford today confirming the Bronco is coming back shall I be the first one to suggest how about a Shelby Terlingua Bronco edition? On another topic I kept suggesting that doing a Terlingua Racing version on the new 2017 Raptor would be a popular addition to the current line of Shelby Automobiles, but with today's news a Terlingua Bronco Off-Road Racing edition would probably get a lot more attention then even a new Terlingua Raptor one.

I am sure many Mustang owners are Bronco fans too and my first car was almost a Bronco so as soon as you can order one I am there. Most of these Raptor owners have no clue that the Bronco was doing off-road racing like the Baja 1000 since the 60's and since I don't care about rock crawling/climbing I sure would prefer a performance one.

As this is great news to other Bronco fans worldwide I think I would be extremely deflated if Ford only offers the Eco-boost as the only performance engine. People are not buying trucks or Bronco's or Raptors for gas mileage so give us the 5.0 Coyote in the new Bronco

I would put money on it that the Bronco is going to be a standard 4 door smaller SUV similar to a Land Cruiser. Probably not something to get to excited about modifying. There's hope, but realism is that it's not going to be much different in body style to the current European Ranger, but in an SUV. No way a 5.0 will fit in that thing. I would guess it will have a Ecoboost 4 or the 2.7 V6. Probably an offroad package with a 3.5, but we'll see.

Edited by JeffJ

I would put money on it that the Bronco is going to be a standard 4 door smaller SUV similar to a Land Cruiser. Probably not something to get to excited about modifying. There's hope, but realism is that it's not going to be much different in body style to the current European Ranger, but in an SUV. No way a 5.0 will fit in that thing. I would guess it will have a Ecoboost 4 or the 2.7 V6. Probably an offroad package with a 3.5, but we'll see.

From what I am hearing I agree. 4 doors, small SUV.

With Ford today confirming the Bronco is coming back shall I be the first one to suggest how about a Shelby Terlingua Bronco edition? On another topic I kept suggesting that doing a Terlingua Racing version on the new 2017 Raptor would be a popular addition to the current line of Shelby Automobiles, but with today's news a Terlingua Bronco Off-Road Racing edition would probably get a lot more attention then even a new Terlingua Raptor one.

I am sure many Mustang owners are Bronco fans too and my first car was almost a Bronco so as soon as you can order one I am there. Most of these Raptor owners have no clue that the Bronco was doing off-road racing like the Baja 1000 since the 60's and since I don't care about rock crawling/climbing I sure would prefer a performance one.

As this is great news to other Bronco fans worldwide I think I would be extremely deflated if Ford only offers the Eco-boost as the only performance engine. People are not buying trucks or Bronco's or Raptors for gas mileage so give us the 5.0 Coyote in the new Bronco

Better go ahead and break out your handkerchief.....

The most likely engine candidates for the U.S. Ranger are a 2.5L I-4 base engine, possibly with gasoline direct injection (GDI), a naturally aspirated V-6, possibly the 3.5L, and the 2.3L I-4 or 2.7L V-6 EcoBoost as the top engine option. If a diesel is offered, it will likely be the brand-new 2.0L I-4 diesel introduced for the European market, reportedly capable of more than 200 hp and 332 lb-ft. The top 3.2L I-5 diesel offered in the current global Ranger may have trouble meeting future U.S. diesel emissions standards.

Source: SEMA

Edited by mhr1961

• 2 months later...