TEAM SHELBY FORUM

16H0171

dh777

I was watching the football game last night but clearly saw the $90k sold price on my phone when I checked. Hate to fan the flames of "fake news" but the cars are not selling for what someone at Hertz Corporate wants them to. You do have to wonder if there was a "market maker" in the audience to help justify the asking prices of the used versions. I rented one and it was a great experience for sure but the story behind this generation is nowhere near as compelling as the first gen or even the second gen. As the second gen cars are trading solidly at around $10k above an equivalent Mustang GT of the same year (and have for some time now) I don't know who is going to pay the equivalent of a 66 car for one. No one on this forum apparently.

I watched about a dozen auctions go through yesterday on their stream. Between what I observed, and what I've heard reported to me in the past with similar behavior my conclusion on many of the "bid goes on" and even more likely on the sold versions was lots of shilling going on. Did anybody see the L88 green vette live? Stalled at $70K and then just went up to $300 in an instant with a no sale. Yea, right. I do not and will never trust these auction type smoke and mirror venues. They are screwing up the hobby and have done nothing more than drive prices up and true enthusiasts out of the hobby. Very sad. The Hertz deal stinks to high heaven and this is the only one we all really know about. I'm sure it's far from an isolated case.

Edited by ITHERTZ66

2007 Shelby GT...List number U222 was listed for the Sunday auction. However was also listed as J35 on Friday 13th,

Shows 20k..."The Bid Goes On"

No video either on the Sunday listing....U221 then jumps to U223. Maybe someone that saw it live can comment.

http://www.vantagesportscars.com/showroom/ford/2007-shelby-gt-22k-miles-one-owner-20-inch-wheels/#more-13996

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

I think that this is good news for us who want to get a rental later this year when they come out of service. I personally think this is a pretty special car being the last one (I believe) and not rented, as new. This early in the process with this car having a hard time getting up to $90K, I think that it shows that the marked for the used rental cars will not even be half of that. At least I hope that is what this indicates.

I think that this is good news for us who want to get a rental later this year when they come out of service. I personally think this is a pretty special car being the last one (I believe) and not rented, as new. This early in the process with this car having a hard time getting up to $90K, I think that it shows that the marked for the used rental cars will not even be half of that. At least I hope that is what this indicates.

Well it certainly indicates that a $150,000 no haggle price for a well used rental car is not achievable but I assume many already knew that.

Steve

It is more likely that Mike Tyson would win a National Spelling Bee than it was likely that Hertz would get this particular car to pull $150k. I am not bad mouthing Shelby or Hertz, it’s just the reality of what was being sold.

If you run some basic math on this car with some reasonable approximations

It’s a Mustang GT= approx. $34k retail

Ford Performance Package =approx. $2,500 retail

Shelby Badges, Bits and Bobs= approx. $10k retail?

Labor for install of Shelby Badges, Bits, and Bobs, = approx.$5k ?

So roughly there is maybe $50 to $55k there at full retail……… new.

Then even if you tack on an approximate 25% premium on top of full retail that a rabid Hertz Shelby fanatic may be willing to pay………. then the “reasonable” max this car would likely bring is 70 to 75k depending on how rabid of a Hertz Shelby fan the buyer was………….or how liquored up he was prior to bidding……………or maybe it was both since this car went for 90k……….

You can’t fault Hertz for trying to get the $150k. It’s a free country and they can ask whatever they want, in turn, it is a “free market” and the market it just took a giant step in correcting itself.

It is more likely that Mike Tyson would win a National Spelling Bee than it was likely that Hertz would get this particular car to pull $150k. I am not bad mouthing Shelby or Hertz, it’s just the reality of what was being sold.

If you run some basic math on this car with some reasonable approximations

It’s a Mustang GT= approx. $34k retail

Ford Performance Package =approx. $2,500 retail

Shelby Badges, Bits and Bobs= approx. $10k retail?

Labor for install of Shelby Badges, Bits, and Bobs, = approx.$5k ?

So roughly there is maybe $50 to $55k there at full retail……… new.

Then even if you tack on an approximate 25% premium on top of full retail that a rabid Hertz Shelby fanatic may be willing to pay………. then the “reasonable” max this car would likely bring is 70 to 75k depending on how rabid of a Hertz Shelby fan the buyer was………….or how liquored up he was prior to bidding……………or maybe it was both since this car went for 90k……….

You can’t fault Hertz for trying to get the $150k. It’s a free country and they can ask whatever they want, in turn, it is a “free market” and the market it just took a giant step in correcting itself.

Agree with your thoughts, but your starting price needs to go up to about 45K. These are fully loaded GT's with Recaros, Brembo Brakes, Premium, automatic.

I agree, the free market system is just fine but I think Hertz is really reaching.

I'm a die hard GT-H fanatic but the shenanigans over the past couple of months with the sales of the 2016 GT-H has pushed me to look at other car options. I'm a fan and I would love a 2016 GT-H 6spd executive manual but I'm not gonna loose my mind for one. There are other options out there.......Terlingua, Ford GT and even Ferrari's (I know......blasphemy).

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

• 5 weeks later...

171 is on ebay. Florida dealer asking $165k! What did it end up going for at Mecum? Still a mystery how that auction result simply disappeared. Some people have a lot of pull, I guess.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GTH-/112301892990?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

That is comical, the Automatic, rented or not, detracts from the value. The manuals will fetch the highest price in my opinion, and even those I think will have a difficult time getting over $50-60K.

Looks like this dealer must be in with the Auction, he got them to hide the price he paid as soon as he bought it thinking there is some tool out there that will pay $165K for it.

Edited by carnut12

That is comical, the Automatic, rented or not, detracts from the value. The manuals will fetch the highest price in my opinion, and even those I think will have a difficult time getting over $50-60K.

Looks like this dealer must be in with the Auction, he got them to hide the price he paid as soon as he bought it thinking there is some tool out there that will pay $165K for it.

If you find a 06, 07, or 16 manual for $50K, please let me know.

If you find a 06, 07, or 16 manual for $50K, please let me know.

I did not realize the 2016 was only made manual with the Supercharger and other stuff, that is a totally different car so I stand corrected. I am sure these would go for the prices being asked for the Auto equipped ones.