TEAM SHELBY FORUM

16H0171

dh777

Where did the above CSM & VIN numbers come from as the Mecum description has left that info out.

I contacted Mecum. The car pictured is 16H018 which I rented and had 169 miles on it when I turned it in. So I was wondering if that was the car for sale. If you transpose the 4th and 5th digit of the VIN they gave me it is for 16H018. I have since contacted them again since That VIN did not go with #171. They have now given me a different VIN of 1FA6P8CF2G5269625. They are suppose to get back with me on the CSM and mileage.

Really strange things are happening. I'm wondering why they would even have the VIN for #18 other than it is the car in the picture. There are no pictures of the VIN.

Really strange things are happening. I'm wondering why they would even have the VIN for #18 other than it is the car in the picture. There are no pictures of the VIN.

Let us know what you find out as those previous numbers don't match each other which is why I was asking where they came from.

Steve

Spoke with the Mecum folks earlier this week. This car is 16H171. (forgot to ask mileage). I believe this car has been on display at Hertz Corporate HQ in Estero, FL. Mecum used photos from 16H018's scheduled appearance at last falls Mecum Monterey where it was scheduled to cross the block.

Also, are there now at least 171 Hertz cars? That's not the published number.

There never was an exact published number. The Original press release stated that “around 140 units would be made for rental”. The key word being “around”…….meaning approximately.

I was at Shelby American back in April of 2016 and I was given a personal individual tour by someone at Shelby. At that time, a number of various Hertz cars were on the lifts and while looking at one of the Hertz cars up close, I was told about the executive cars and number of total cars. Out of respect to the person that told me, I will not divulge who it was or how many. Maybe, Hertz or Shelby will let us know in the near future.

There never was an exact published number. The Original press release stated that “around 140 units would be made for rental”. The key word being “around”…….meaning approximately.

Each and every 2016 Shelby GTH is known and have been entered into the Shelby American Registry database. While production numbers are probably easily guessable by what info is already out there, Shelby American has been asked to keep these production numbers confidential for the time being by Hertz.

Steve

Each and every 2016 Shelby GTH is known and have been entered into the Shelby American Registry database. While production numbers are probably easily guessable by what info is already out there, Shelby American has been asked to keep these production numbers confidential for the time being by Hertz.

Steve

Pardon me, but I think this is unacceptable BS. They create a bunch of press and drama about a car with a very limited production that they publish, they then quickly change it, and now they are selling off a few cars hoping to cash in on exclusivity at insane asking prices. All the while, they won't tell the public how many cars they had built?

Pardon me, but I think this is unacceptable BS. They create a bunch of press and drama about a car with a very limited production that they publish, they then quickly change it, and now they are selling off a few cars hoping to cash in on exclusivity at insane asking prices. All the while, they won't tell the public how many cars they had built?

Ask hertz. Shelby was just a car builder under non disclosure. It's their reputation. If y9u don't get that then that's unacceptable too.

Tony, I'm not pissing on Shelby in my comment, but rather where the frustration is coming from. In this case it is Hertz, which is what I'm referencing to in my statement when I say "they".

Troy, glad you clarified your post as it sure seemed like it was directed at SAI. As Tony pointed out, Hertz Rental Cars contracted with Ford & SAI to build them some rental cars so if our customer asks for us to not release certain info then that's what we are going to do for the time being. As I mentioned previously it is pretty easy to guess the number of GTH cars by the info already out there but if your need is for an exact number right now why not contact corporate Hertz in Florida with your question?

Steve

Tony, I'm not pissing on Shelby in my comment, but rather where the frustration is coming from. In this case it is Hertz, which is what I'm referencing to in my statement when I say "they".

Ditto what Steve said.

Edit: I would add that since the cars are now being offered for sale by Hertz that the number produced would be helpful in making a purchase decision (and if you say that when you ask you might get an answer.) It would also be helpful to know how many of the exec manual transmission cars were produced and where they fit in the numbering sequence (beginning or end). The answer to both questions is proper due diligence.

Edited by twobjshelbys

wonder why the Mecum website is NOT posting any results for the GTH...........neither sold or bid goes on. Every other car shows sold and a selling price OR "bid goes on". I watched the so called live website broadcast and when it came to the GTH, the broadcast went from lot 216 to lot 217......with no mention of 216.1??

wonder why the Mecum website is NOT posting any results for the GTH...........neither sold or bid goes on. Every other car shows sold and a selling price OR "bid goes on". I watched the so called live website broadcast and when it came to the GTH, the broadcast went from lot 216 to lot 217......with no mention of 216.1??

exactly. What is going on here? How do we know about the $90K hammer reported here?

HERTZ II

After I saw your post have gone to the results page and now shows the "STAR" emblem.

I was watching it live and was hammered at 90k, was a struggle to get there.

Went to the results page about 10 minutes after the auction and it showed up as "90k SOLD".

Also was watching the repeat on Youtube a minute later it was there.

Went back 15 minutes or so later to download the video onto my computer to verify the price it's gone. The section with the Hertz has been edited out.

Something seriously weird is going on here.

Just went back to the youtube video and timed the previous cars auctioned and average time was about 1min.20 secs.

Lot S216, a 1969 Chev Camaro before the Hertz was around 2min.50sec and the following car was around 1min.58sec. Which from memory the Hertz had an average auction time before it was hammered. So a minute or so for the Hertz sounded about right.

I would say that the car with the 2min.50sec should have been around the 1min.58sec mark, (I remember the auctioneer was trying to work the price up and had a longer time than normal)

I think the Camaro has been edited in the length to take up the missing time of the Hertz!!!!!!!

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.............

Edited by NZ Shelby KR