TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Shelby American Collection Raffle: 2017 GT350R Drawing 9/2/2017

twobjshelbys

The raffle is starting a little earlier this year and it looks like it will be held on the eve of the annual fall fundraiser party. This raffle is a huge portion of their annual income. Last year the prize was a GT350 or 50K cash, this year it is a GT350R or 75K cash

https://shelbyamericancollection.tapkat.org/wina2017ShelbyGT350R/

The museum is a privately held collection open to the public. It is now the home of Carroll Shelby's original CSX2000 Cobra (which can be seen in the background of one of the car photos).

Edited by twobjshelbys

It used to be they sold a very small number of tickets but I was told they got audited and have to run it as a sweepstakes instead of a lottery. That means you can get a free ticket(s) if you can find and follow the rules (I won't tell you how). They also reduced the ticket prices to sell more. Last year's did quite a lot more business than previously but the number of tickets (and thus your chances) was about 10x what the previous drawings were.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys -- just to let you know that you should keep purchasing tickets, I won the last raffle. :drop: So, buy them up, It's for a great cause. I just entered for the 2017 -- lightning can't strike twice, can it? :victory:

Congratulations!!!!! I hope you took the car instead of the cash!

Have you been to the museum? Before we moved to Vegas I lived about 10 miles away and went 4-6 times a year, knew the principal from other ventures (and at that time didn't know he was involved with the museum). It is a great piece of Shelby racing history!

Edited by twobjshelbys

Congratulations!!!!! I hope you took the car instead of the cash!

Have you been to the museum? Before we moved to Vegas I lived about 10 miles away and went 4-6 times a year, knew the principal from other ventures (and at that time didn't know he was involved with the museum). It is a great piece of Shelby racing history!

Steve Volk posted a video online of him receiving the keys at the museum with Steve and Jack Terhar.

Congrats BlueBeast! Someday I'd like to be able to get that one day after all the years that I've contributed! :)

Edited by JeffJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...