TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Checking in from Pa

paknght

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1 next Friday Mustang show! We need to get a corner for the GT500's.

I am trying to get there as early as possible because its going to fill up quick. Fortuniately my club is the featured club of the night so we have some spots saved, but if can I'll see what I can do. No promises though since they are cracking down on saving spots in the lower lot this year. The row that goes across the back of the feature rows, that is up against the hill? or the grass corner right by the entrance?

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area have a pulley removal tool I can borrow? I ordered one from VMP but to make a long story short I did not get it and now I'm in a jam and need one ASAP! I'm willing to buy it or rent it!

If so please PM me!

Thanks!

Mark

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area have a pulley removal tool I can borrow? I ordered one from VMP but to make a long story short I did not get it and now I'm in a jam and need one ASAP! I'm willing to buy it or rent it!

If so please PM me!

Thanks!

Mark

PM sent... then again I assumed you needed if for the blower pulley. I also have a standard pulley puller if you need it for the crank balancer.

Bump....

Friday Night 8/29 in Wexford (north of Pittsburgh) the final Starlite Cruise for the year... plus its Mustang night.

So far the weather is looking good. Hope to see a bunch of Team Shelby members there!

Last year I think I heard they had over 1,500 cars at the season finale.

http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/

Bump....

Friday Night 8/29 in Wexford (north of Pittsburgh) the final Starlite Cruise for the year... plus its Mustang night.

So far the weather is looking good. Hope to see a bunch of Team Shelby members there!

Last year I think I heard they had over 1,500 cars at the season finale.

http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/

I thought I heard over 3,000 over the entire night of people leaving early and late comers. If Fay shall bring some rain this Friday, they have set Sept 5th, next Friday as the make up. It's going to be a good night. I hope to see you there!

I thought I heard over 3,000 over the entire night of people leaving early and late comers. If Fay shall bring some rain this Friday, they have set Sept 5th, next Friday as the make up. It's going to be a good night. I hope to see you there!

Nothing personal, but I'm hoping for rain. I can't make the 29th, but I can be there on the 5th.

Nothing personal, but I'm hoping for rain. I can't make the 29th, but I can be there on the 5th.

I think you're going to get your wish ... which is OK with me! My mechanic is still messing with my car and I don't think it's going to be ready Friday! Only problem with next Friday is Evolution is having their shingding Saturday and I was thinking about driving out to Philly Friday afternoon.

I think you're going to get your wish ... which is OK with me! My mechanic is still messing with my car and I don't think it's going to be ready Friday! Only problem with next Friday is Evolution is having their shingding Saturday and I was thinking about driving out to Philly Friday afternoon.

You can leave early Saturday morning. It's only a 4 and a half hour drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Its that time again! Saturday September 13th Flashlight Drags and the Zelienople Airport.

http://flashlightdrags.com/

Steel City Stangs is helping out at this race so there will be lots of Mustangs and Cobras

Gates open at noon racing starts at 2 PM. It’s a great time whether you come out to race or just watch.

Lets see how many GT500’s we can get there next Saturday!

IMG_2156.jpg

may_10_2008__0153.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

may_10_2008__0153.jpg

Its that time again! Saturday September 13th Flashlight Drags and the Zelienople Airport.

Steel City Stangs is helping out at this race so there will be lots of Mustangs and Cobras

Gates open at noon racing starts at 2 PM. It’s a great time whether you come out to race or just watch.

Lets see how many GT500’s we can get there next Saturday!

If I get D/R's by Saturday I'm racing .... if not I'm still stopping up!

OK, who was it that took their red with white stripe GT500 to Jerry's car wash in Cranberry Township on Friday this week???

A friend of my son works at Jerry's and was there when the car went through. He said it was painful to watch it go through!!!!

That was NOT me, I may stop in a do it yourself spray wash just to get the heavy stuff off so I am in control of washing. Sometimes I don't have time to wash at home, working weekends lately to save up for Terlingua Event! so a quick spray and at least it looks clean even though it is never the same as hand wash at home.

I checked out the site for the Flashlight Drag and it says have to have MUFFLERS so I guess if I have Loudmouths I could'nt run on the track.

That was NOT me, I may stop in a do it yourself spray wash just to get the heavy stuff off so I am in control of washing. Sometimes I don't have time to wash at home, working weekends lately to save up for Terlingua Event! so a quick spray and at least it looks clean even though it is never the same as hand wash at home.

I checked out the site for the Flashlight Drag and it says have to have MUFFLERS so I guess if I have Loudmouths I could'nt run on the track.

Hey I consider loudmouths mufflers!

They just don't want anyone running open headers.

Come on up, you will be fine. It will be a great time.

Now thats easy:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/t...typ=Competition

They even show the 285/35ZR-18's in stock at the Ohio warehouse! :happy feet:

I need to get replacement rear tires but I haven't decided what to get yet. I am planning on going too, I can leave the car and take the truck if anyone needs to get other things up there like jacks and tires.

I need to get replacement rear tires but I haven't decided what to get yet. I am planning on going too, I can leave the car and take the truck if anyone needs to get other things up there like jacks and tires.

Well if you need rear tire replacements, that must mean you are close to having no tread left, i.e slicks…. perfect for drag racing… better traction!

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go, next Saturday October 4th Flash Light Drags Zelienople Airport

Should be a good time, weather permitting. There should be a lot of Mustangs and Cobras there. I am looking forward to trying out my new driveshaft!!! :yup: Hope you local memebers can make it, it is always a good time.

Here we go, next Saturday October 4th Flash Light Drags Zelienople Airport

Should be a good time, weather permitting. There should be a lot of Mustangs and Cobras there. I am looking forward to trying out my new driveshaft!!! :yup: Hope you local memebers can make it, it is always a good time.

.... sorry no go Saturday. I have to get my addition at camp watertight before winter and I'm running out of weekends. Anyone have interest to cruise out to Philly for the Evolution Show Oct 11th?

.... sorry no go Saturday. I have to get my addition at camp watertight before winter and I'm running out of weekends. Anyone have interest to cruise out to Philly for the Evolution Show Oct 11th?

I may be able to do the Evolution Show on the 11th. I will let you know once it gets closer, but at the moment it looks like a possibility.

I may be able to do the Evolution Show on the 11th. I will let you know once it gets closer, but at the moment it looks like a possibility.

I was reading on the "Altered Gas Performance Event" form and it says the brake fulid has to have been changed in the last 12 months, does anyone know how strict they are on this cause I have not had a reason to change my brake fluid. It looks like I will be ok on everything else.

I was reading on the "Altered Gas Performance Event" form and it says the brake fulid has to have been changed in the last 12 months, does anyone know how strict they are on this cause I have not had a reason to change my brake fluid. It looks like I will be ok on everything else.

You will be fine.

Their inspection is fairly general. They look for loose parts, make sure there is a battery hold down, etc.

They also make sure you aren't running slicks... must have DOT tires.

It is for street cars.. but I can't remember if they ask to see registration and insurance card.

Look forward to seeing you there.

I might just venture up to Zelie on Saturday. Looks like the weather might hold out for us. Maybe I'll even enter as a racer this time.....

Could be chiily come Saturday.... I don't want to see you pulling in with the top down and the windows up :doh:

If you do plan on running with the top down, you will need a helmet. No helmet needed if the top is up.

Could be chiily come Saturday.... I don't want to see you pulling in with the top down and the windows up :doh:

If you do plan on running with the top down, you will need a helmet. No helmet needed if the top is up.

Well, it looks like I'll be a spectator. I have to coach my daughter's soccer game at 12:30, so I won't be there until around 2:30. That's probably too late to enter as a racer.

Archived