TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Checking in from Pa

paknght

Greetings from the state of taxes-Pennsylvania. My GT500 came in last week and its in the garage with the blanket over it to keep it toasty. Vista Blue with white stripe, interior upgrade. I have an older restored 65 2+2 with a four speed and 289. I am use to a longer throw for the shifting, I think I missed a gear pulling out of the dealership, all the sales people probably had a good laugh. Can't seem to get use to the short throw for gears and the same for the clutch. Anyhow, after driving some, I like the feel of the car, and "powering through the curves" brings new meaning. Car is tight. Awesome machine. Big smile in Pa paknght(Mike)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What part of PA are you in? I have a Vista Blue/White stripes as well.....

Downingtown PA is home for me, just southwest of Philadelphia.

Pittsburgh, home of Iron City Beer and the Stealers and choke, puke, gurgle

the "Pirates", sub minor ball club.

I've got the other side of the state covered. I'm southwest of Pittsburgh.

After some more seat time, you'll get used to the clutch and the shifter. You might even opt for the short throw shifter, like I did.

You got it covered? You must be pretty weighty at 40'ish to cover that big an area :hysterical: anyway I am from Pittsburgh area too paknght. That's the one thing I want NOW that I don't want to wait for is the short throw, waiting for FRPP to come out since it's in the SS. Have not seen it listed anywhere....Happy to see another GT500 owner in PA, welcome paknght

Grew up in Pleasant Hills and then Sewickly. Moved away after college. Our family farm which goes back to the bootlegging days on the river was at Rte.48 and Rte.51 west of Elizabeth. Still have a hunting camp up in Elk County near Micks Run.

Live in Florida and Georgia now. Miss the mountains. Die hard Steeler fan and use to be a big penquin fan.

Mark

Greetings from the state of taxes-Pennsylvania. My GT500 came in last week and its in the garage with the blanket over it to keep it toasty. Vista Blue with white stripe, interior upgrade. I have an older restored 65 2+2 with a four speed and 289. I am use to a longer throw for the shifting, I think I missed a gear pulling out of the dealership, all the sales people probably had a good laugh. Can't seem to get use to the short throw for gears and the same for the clutch. Anyhow, after driving some, I like the feel of the car, and "powering through the curves" brings new meaning. Car is tight. Awesome machine. Big smile in Pa paknght(Mike)

I'm in Huntingdon Valley PA, a NW suburb of Philly. I've had my Shelby since November 2006 and have not seen another on the road yet. Works for me!

Grew up in Pleasant Hills and then Sewickly. Moved away after college. Our family farm which goes back to the bootlegging days on the river was at Rte.48 and Rte.51 west of Elizabeth. Still have a hunting camp up in Elk County near Micks Run.

Live in Florida and Georgia now. Miss the mountains. Die hard Steeler fan and use to be a big penquin fan.

Mark

Mark, is the RV park yours or you hang out there?? Twinoaksrvpark

Mark, is the RV park yours or you hang out there?? Twinoaksrvpark

Why in the hell would anyone hang around in any RV Park! :hysterical2: No it's mine, and my wifes. We bought two after retirement and this one I kept. We are ranked #1 in Georgia and #26 in the country by Trailer Life/Good Sam. We have good management so we live in Florida on Lake Manitouba. We are going to sell in Florida and move to Lake Sinclair in Georgia when the market comes back. My brother has a company in Pittsburgh you can use Apples called "Exterior Products".

Can't wait to meet you all some day-youins!

Z-man signing in. Chester County area. Vista blue w/ white stripes and interior upgrade. Was to be a 2007, now will be a 2008. Waiting for delivery now. Supposed to be the first 2008 GT500 that the dealer is getting.

What part of PA are you in? I have a Vista Blue/White stripes as well.....

Downingtown PA is home for me, just southwest of Philadelphia.

I work in Coatesville & drive Rt82 / Strausberg Rd. every morning from the Pocopson area! Haven't seen yours yet...only a Red with white stripes around Thorndale......Chris ( White / Blue) I'm organizing a Crab Run to Northeast MD. July 28th....PM me & let me know if anyone interested so I can adjust the head count for Woody's Resturant...got 21 going so far ( all make & years Muscle Cars ).....

I work in Coatesville & drive Rt82 / Strausberg Rd. every morning from the Pocopson area! Haven't seen yours yet...only a Red with white stripes around Thorndale......Chris ( White / Blue) I'm organizing a Crab Run to Northeast MD. July 28th....PM me & let me know if anyone interested so I can adjust the head count for Woody's Resturant...got 21 going so far ( all make & years Muscle Cars ).....

Old School,

I have been watching the posts from PA and it sure brings back old memories. I come from Newark, DE and when I was younger, drove my 1965 Mustang GT 289 HI PO all around Coatesville and Route 82 and a bunch of other places up there. I really miss the old Crab Runs especially around Labor Day. I now live in the Orlando area (since 1980) and am having a blast driving my Red w/white GT500. Enjoy Woody's as I have been there many times and love it! Wayne

• 2 weeks later...
Old School,

I have been watching the posts from PA and it sure brings back old memories. I come from Newark, DE and when I was younger, drove my 1965 Mustang GT 289 HI PO all around Coatesville and Route 82 and a bunch of other places up there. I really miss the old Crab Runs especially around Labor Day. I now live in the Orlando area (since 1980) and am having a blast driving my Red w/white GT500. Enjoy Woody's as I have been there many times and love it! Wayne

How many Pennsylvania's have a 2008 Shelby GT500 ordered like myself in Lancaster County ?

2007 PERFORMANCE white with blue stripes one hour north east of Philly.

That is what my wife and I have ordered. How do you like the car ??

Maybe we can meet after we get ours this fall ??

Norhtern Lancaster County near Ephrata.

Old School,

Give a post if your going to be back in the area Wayne, it would be a pleasure to meet you !! Chris

post-8156-1184723245_thumb.jpg

post-8156-1184723245_thumb.jpg

That is what my wife and I have ordered. How do you like the car ??

Maybe we can meet after we get ours this fall ??

Norhtern Lancaster County near Ephrata.

2800 miles and still impressed every time I drive it. I was in Ephrata about 2 months ago. I'd love to meet and cruise with a few of you guys.

2800 miles and still impressed every time I drive it. I was in Ephrata about 2 months ago. I'd love to meet and cruise with a few of you guys.

I have a 1970 yellow Boss 302 sitting in the garage so stop by sometime.

Hope to have the shelby this fall.

• 4 weeks later...
On friday my dealer called and said our Shelby GT500 order was given a

VIN number and should get a build data next week.

Dealer called and said delivery is the week of Sept. 2nd.

White with Blue strips Shelby GT500 2008

Maybe we can get together this fall some weekend ???

Archived