TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Checking in from Pa

paknght

Here is what I know of as far as local shows north of Pittsburgh.

May 10th Flashlight Drags at Zelienople Airport. The following weekend I believe Steel City Stangs is trying to put together a Mustang Cruise at the Hereford & Hops on 228 just east of Rt.79. They did a cruise there last year which was a great time.

I did see something about a Ford powered cruise at Shults Ford, the one off Route 28, but a can’t remember any of the details or where I heard about it.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is what I know of as far as local shows north of Pittsburgh.

May 10th Flashlight Drags at Zelienople Airport. The following weekend I believe Steel City Stangs is trying to put together a Mustang Cruise at the Hereford & Hops on 228 just east of Rt.79. They did a cruise there last year which was a great time.

I did see something about a Ford powered cruise at Shults Ford, the one off Route 28, but a can’t remember any of the details or where I heard about it.

I'm right outside of Pittsburgh, Shaler Township.

If you're heading to the Steel City/228 cruise I might run into you ... but no go with the Zelie run, family stuff :angry22:

Hey GT500_Grad,

What show are you refering to in your signature "5/2/08 - First car cruise of the year"??

It was supposed to be the first Wexford Starlite Car Cruise but since I put that up, it was pushed back to the 23rd due to the construction going on. The next one I have found after that is the cruise on the 10th in Charleroi, but i can't make it. Actually, all I have for May is....

5/10 - Wish Cruise in Charleroi

5/17 - GPMC Hospitality Picnic

5/18 - Butler County Fair Car Show

5/18 - Pennies for Patients Poker Run in Gibsonia

5/20 - Baja Cruise at Fox Chapel Yacht Club

5/21 - Midway's World Famous Car Cruise

5/23 - Wexford Starlite Car Cruise

5/25 - Spotlight 88 Car Cruise / Swap Meet at Spotlight 88 Flea Market

5/28 - Midway's World Famous Car Cruise

5/30 - Wexford Starlite Car Cruise

5/31 - Summer Cruise in Allison Park

There maybe some added since the last time I checked www.carcruises.com.

• 1 month later...

I was heading home from camp today (Sunday)and finally saw another GT500 on the road .... of course mine was home in the garage! So were any of you Back/Tungsten owners rolling north on Route 38 in Butler today?

the Ford-Powered Cruise at Shults Ford on Freeport road is on June 1st.

I'm thinking about driving up for this one.

I see mr4teth will be there. Is anyone else planning to attend?

Might be nice to have a small contingent of TS people there.

I was heading home from camp today (Sunday)and finally saw another GT500 on the road .... of course mine was home in the garage! So were any of you Back/Tungsten owners rolling north on Route 38 in Butler today?

I wasn't on 38, but I had my car on 19, just north of Zelie on Sunday.

I am thinking about it but havent decided yet.

I will let you know if I decide to go.

It nothing else it should make us all feel good when we see the ADM's they are still posting on thier GT 500's :beatdeadhorse:

If the weather holds I'll be there. I hope it does or my 5 year old nephew will be crushed ... little guy can't stop talking about going to the Mustang show.

Funny thing happened Sunday night... I saw a parked Vista Blue GT500 in the Pittsburgh Mills next to Sonic! Looked around and didn't see the owner? It was kind of cool that night a few other hotrods stopped in and cruised around I felt like I was in the movie Hollywood Nights!

Hope to see you guys Sunday!

If the weather holds I'll be there. I hope it does or my 5 year old nephew will be crushed ... little guy can't stop talking about going to the Mustang show.

Funny thing happened Sunday night... I saw a parked Vista Blue GT500 in the Pittsburgh Mills next to Sonic! Looked around and didn't see the owner? It was kind of cool that night a few other hotrods stopped in and cruised around I felt like I was in the movie Hollywood Nights!

Hope to see you guys Sunday!

I saw one like that last summer on the other side of the New Kensington area.

Orf has talked me into going Sunday.

I wasn't on 38, but I had my car on 19, just north of Zelie on Sunday.

Orf

You probably saw me . I have an Ebony/Tungsten vert. I've got very dark window tint and 3-way taillight flashers. I'm back of Cranberry and was airing out things.

Could meet some time.

Milt Ebonyvert

Orf

You probably saw me . I have an Ebony/Tungsten vert. I've got very dark window tint and 3-way taillight flashers. I'm back of Cranberry and was airing out things.

Could meet some time.

Milt Ebonyvert

We were up there visiting my wife's cousin.

I live down in Washington County. Doesn't mean we can't get together, though.

We were up there visiting my wife's cousin.

I live down in Washington County. Doesn't mean we can't get together, though.

Orf

Reading this thread, seems there are at least 6 of us in this area"

mr4eth

Highwayman

GT500 Grad

CStunkard

Orf

And me Ebonyvert.

Maybe we could have a "good weather" meet of our own in these parts!

Anybody in favor?

Milt-Ebonyvert

Orf

Reading this thread, seems there are at least 6 of us in this area"

mr4eth

Highwayman

GT500 Grad

CStunkard

Orf

And me Ebonyvert.

Maybe we could have a "good weather" meet of our own in these parts!

Anybody in favor?

Milt-Ebonyvert

I'm game.

Come out to Shults in Harmarville today. Half of those cars will be there, if not more.

I'm game.

Come out to Shults in Harmarville today. Half of those cars will be there, if not more.

Orf,

That would have been great and I was around, but I don't usually do emails until the evening and I never saw your message on Shults. Is there some kind of get together there every Sunday or what?Am going to Carlisle Friday but should be around for Sunday. Any other gathering place??

Milt-Ebonyvert

Orf,

That would have been great and I was around, but I don't usually do emails until the evening and I never saw your message on Shults. Is there some kind of get together there every Sunday or what?Am going to Carlisle Friday but should be around for Sunday. Any other gathering place??

Milt-Ebonyvert

I'm not sure. That was my first time at Shults. I think it's an annual thing.

I did get to meet a few of the guys on here at the show. All good people.

I will probably be at the flashlight drags in Zelie on June 28, weather permitting. I might try to hit the cruise in Wexford sometime, but I hear that is huge.

I think Woltz & Wind will be having a similar show to what Shults put on at the end of the summer.

All that being said, I'm not the car show type. I'll go to see the cars, but I won't enter my car and sit there all day. Not my cup of tea. I do like the idea of having a GT500 day somewhere. There are plenty around. I counted 8 at Shults - not all entered in the show - yesterday.

I'm not sure. That was my first time at Shults. I think it's an annual thing.

I did get to meet a few of the guys on here at the show. All good people.

I will probably be at the flashlight drags in Zelie on June 28, weather permitting. I might try to hit the cruise in Wexford sometime, but I hear that is huge.

I think Woltz & Wind will be having a similar show to what Shults put on at the end of the summer.

All that being said, I'm not the car show type. I'll go to see the cars, but I won't enter my car and sit there all day. Not my cup of tea. I do like the idea of having a GT500 day somewhere. There are plenty around. I counted 8 at Shults - not all entered in the show - yesterday.

I had a good time there as well, it was good to finally meet some of the people from here in person. I am also not into the car show thing either but after spending what seemed like too little of time chatting with the other GT500 owners there I would be up for a meet somewhere in the area.

Yesterday's show is one that my mustang club puts on annually. I believe its the 10th year for it. We have a show, picnic and a day cruise that we do each year.

It was nice to meet some of the people from here. I had no clue that there were so many in the area. I would def. be up for a local gathering. Just let me know when and where.

Other than Calise and Wexford, I don't know of any other gatherings this weekend. I'm trying to make it out to Wexford Friday, weather permitting.

I had a good time there as well, it was good to finally meet some of the people from here in person. I am also not into the car show thing either but after spending what seemed like too little of time chatting with the other GT500 owners there I would be up for a meet somewhere in the area.

+3 on car show thing!

Sorry I had to run but it was great meeting you guys and I'm definitely up for meeting at another event. Count me in for the W&W show!

Archived