TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Checking in from Pa

paknght

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep 1/8 mile runs.

I am in the Cranberry Twp area. If you make it I don’t think I’ll have any trouble spotting you.

Are you planning on racing?

If I'm able to get up there, I don't think I could resist a few runs, so yes, I will likely be racing. I haven't done anything yet to mine - still 100% stock (for now). Any mods on yours?

Rob

Any mods on yours?

Rob

Just a couple. Some have been fairly problematic… at the last flashlight event I blew out the bushings on my aftermarket upper control arm, and have had other problems with after market suspension items. (All trying to get rid of wheel hop)

I have also added a Steeda CAI and SCT Tune. Still running the stock pulley though.

Let’s hope for sunny weather !!

Charley

Hey guys,

My steed is fired up and ready to go, Aug 25. With any luck in the weather, and I get all my chores done, I'll be heading up 79 with the top down. Mike

Hope to see you there Mike.

Just an FYI, you know if you want to race with the top down you must wear a helmet.

Top up, no helmet required

Top down you need a helmet... even if you put the Windows UP :hysterical2:

Sorry couldnt help myself.... as an old ragtop man myself.... why do people put the top down and keep their windows up? Especially just the rear ones :hysterical:

Charley, thanks again for letting me know about this. I had a blast. Going to try to get some practicing in before the 15th to get my launch down better. Hope to see you there in Sept.

Congrats again in taking that Z06 down. At least we had one 500 keeping the up the Shelby reputation.

Great looking car! I'll definitely give you a call when I start getting the mods going.

Rob

Charley, thanks again for letting me know about this. I had a blast. Going to try to get some practicing in before the 15th to get my launch down better. Hope to see you there in Sept.

Congrats again in taking that Z06 down. At least we had one 500 keeping the up the Shelby reputation.

Great looking car! I'll definitely give you a call when I start getting the mods going.

Rob

I had a blast too, nothing like a Shelby GT500 vs. a Lingenfelter Z06! Good racing!

Rest assured I will be there in September... maybe it will be a few degrees cooler, and we will run even faster!

By the way I forgot to ask, how did you do in your first race against your friends Audi? I assume you ran him down?

If we are both there next time, I will see if I can get the photo guy to snap a couple of shots of the two cars together.

See you in a couple of weeks!!!

Hey guys,

My steed is fired up and ready to go, Aug 25. With any luck in the weather, and I get all my chores done, I'll be heading up 79 with the top down. Mike

Hey Mike Sorry you didn’t make it up to Zelie, I assume the threat of wet weather kept you and your ‘vert from making it. We had a great time and are planning on making the next one which is scheduled for Sept 15th. Plus I think the SteelCityStangs club is helping run the event on the 15th so there should be lots of Mustangs and Cobras there. Plus we heard rumor that one of the big magazines may show up… the one “where it all began”.

Let’s hope for dry and cooler weather!

I had a blast too, nothing like a Shelby GT500 vs. a Lingenfelter Z06! Good racing!

Rest assured I will be there in September... maybe it will be a few degrees cooler, and we will run even faster!

By the way I forgot to ask, how did you do in your first race against your friends Audi? I assume you ran him down?

If we are both there next time, I will see if I can get the photo guy to snap a couple of shots of the two cars together.

See you in a couple of weeks!!!

I'm planning to be there.

Yes, handled the Audi without a problem. Gave the Porsche turbo a good run, but couldn't run him down after he beat me off the line. Same with a few others. I really needed another 1/8 mile!! (I probably never would have caught the Porsche, but most of the others I would have). I think I had one of the only 4 stock cars there though...looking forward to a better showing on the 15th though.

• 2 weeks later...

OK here we go again! Next Saturday, September 15 the Flashlight Drags will again be held at the Zelienople airport about 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh. (Weather permitting).

I believe the Steel City Stangs are helping out at this race so there will be lots of Mustangs there!

This is a very casual event and very friendly to first time racers, not to mention is is likely the second most fun thing you can do in your car! :hysterical2:

Here is the link to the event.

http://www.alteredgas.com/index.html

Lets see how many Mustangs and Shelbys we can get to this event!

Charley, some pics from the last one...(we'll need a telephoto lens next time)

I'm hoping to be there - got a couple of conflicts I have to clear though...

And just for the record, the only reason you beat me is because of your CAI and tune. And your DRs. And that you're a better drag racer than me. If not for those three things, I'd have smoked you!! (Fortunately no one can tell who's who)

Anyway, how cool are these pics - how often do you see twin 500s racing? Talk about seeing double!

Rob

DSC00208-2.jpg

DSC00210-2.jpg

DSC00211-2.jpg

DSC00212-2.jpg

DSC00214-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking forward to Oct 6th. Never miss the opportunity to take the pony out. I am ashamed the I've put too few miles on mine this summer. Met some nice people on Sept 15th, good turnout also. Mike

Ahhh yes, but are you going to run it on the 6th????

Come on, go ahead make my day!

Sorry I couldn’t resist :hysterical2: Hope to see you there.

Hows it going !! I got a Performance White / Blue Stripe April 9th. i'm in the West Chester Pa. area. I've also have a 70 428CJ bigblock Mach 1 that I bought in 78' off my brother that I still drive to work & drag race. Where are you from in Pa.? Chris

Thanks for this. I'm in Edgeworth/Sewickley area. I may try to get up there if it ever stops raining. These are 1/8 mile runs, right?

I use to live on Meadow Lane in Edgeworth. Small world. Went to Quaker Valley for awhile.

Hey guy how are you. Just got on from central PA. Going to Beaver Springs dragway ALL FORD DAY OCT 21. gonna run her for the first time on the track see what she run. 07 GT 500 EVO STAGE 5 600+hp 11. 10.90 ??? Depends on if it hooks. I guess we'll find out. Maybe see some of you there.

Hey guy how are you. Just got on from central PA. Going to Beaver Springs dragway ALL FORD DAY OCT 21. gonna run her for the first time on the track see what she run. 07 GT 500 EVO STAGE 5 600+hp 11. 10.90 ??? Depends on if it hooks. I guess we'll find out. Maybe see some of you there.

I ran at Beaver Springs in the spring and the best I could do was 13.9 at 109mph with no mods; it spun in 1st and 2nd. I hope you did some suspention upgrades all that power won't mean anything if you can't get it to the ground!

Just checking in from Beaver Falls PA. Sad I missed flashlight drags on Friday but I was out of town. Hope to see everyone next year though.

The flashlight drags were loads of fun.

Open season on all kinds of critters…. SRT8 Jeeps, Z06 ‘Vettes… yep they were droppin’ like flies!!! :happy feet:

Hey I think I recognize that grabber orange car. Give me a yell and I'll join you at Beaver Springs. Sounds like FUN! :happy feet:

Archived