TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for the Experts

65427cobra

My Shelby has been made and released from the plant. It has been assigned to a rail car but inquiry says rail car is empty in Flatrock MI. The car was produced the week of June 18th. How long does it take to get loaded and actually shipped? I have been waiting since Nov of 2005 for this car and should be able to wait a couple more weeks but knowing it has been made has pushed me over the edge. VIN # is 1ZVHT88S375367953 and rail car assignment is ETTX800875. By the way, this is a great site and really appreciate all of you who contribute.

When my car was build last october it showed released from plant for over a month then it just showed up one day on december the 8th but it never showed shipped or anything until the day befor it arrived then we had a rail # . this seems to be common with shipping the GT500 and it seems like all of us went through some type of shipping issues.good luck and post photos when you receive your pride and joy. its worth the wait .

66HIPO

My Shelby has been made and released from the plant. It has been assigned to a rail car but inquiry says rail car is empty in Flatrock MI. The car was produced the week of June 18th. How long does it take to get loaded and actually shipped? I have been waiting since Nov of 2005 for this car and should be able to wait a couple more weeks but knowing it has been made has pushed me over the edge. VIN # is 1ZVHT88S375367953 and rail car assignment is ETTX800875. By the way, this is a great site and really appreciate all of you who contribute.

Too many variables to know for sure. When you say "produced", what exactly do you mean? It came off the assembly line? The stripes are on? It's come out the back door of the plant? I'd estimate 3-4 days in the loading depot, then the train ride will depend heavily on where you are in the US. If you live in San Diego or Miami....maybe 2 more weeks for transport.

P.S. Rob can help you track with the railcar number.

Good luck.

Dave

The dealership told me the car had been released from the plant and they had a estimated arrival date of July 6. The dealership is in LA (lower Alabama) and should travel by rail from Detroit to Atlanta with truck transport to the dealership in Alabama. I was not sure how long the car set in the loading yards before it was actually loaded and put on the rails. I have read all the great arrival stories that has been posted....still hard to believe the car has actually been made....so close but so far away!!

The dealership told me the car had been released from the plant and they had a estimated arrival date of July 6. The dealership is in LA (lower Alabama) and should travel by rail from Detroit to Atlanta with truck transport to the dealership in Alabama. I was not sure how long the car set in the loading yards before it was actually loaded and put on the rails. I have read all the great arrival stories that has been posted....still hard to believe the car has actually been made....so close but so far away!!

I'm not sure if they have striping "in house" yet...but a while back the striping was done in a different plant. At that time, your car was "released from plant" and send to the "foreign" plant for stripes. Then, later, it was "released from foreign plant". It's hard to know what your dealer meant...but it sounds like you will get it within 7-10 days. Keep us posted and talk to Grabber about the railcar number. How long it sits in the loading yard varies based on how many cars are available to fill a railcar going the same direction.

Dave

It should be only a few weeks now that you have a rail car number. :happy feet:

Archived