TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How about a 40th anniversary Super Snake package

I heard some talk early on that if you have a 2007 GT500 and you are getting the Super Snake conversion you can get the 40th anniversary badge on the grill. I would like to propose an option that would take that combination one step further and give it a limited status. Many of us are upset that this is an open package. Why can't SAI offer the 2007 GT500 owners a limited package? The way this could work is as follows: Those of us who are on the list get called in the Fall. We are given 2 options SS or 40th SS (for 2007 only). SAI could keep the SS package open through how many years they are considering and close the 40th SS after the round of calls in the Fall and create a sequential number set for the 40th SS (07SS40th 0001C) limited to the number of buyers on that round of calls and then it will be closed. This gives us a chance at a closed production and opens up a third set (40th, SS and 40th SS)of Low numbers for SAI to assign. I don't see how this would hurt SAI's intentions and at the same time would give us a limited package.......................................

I heard some talk early on that if you have a 2007 GT500 and you are getting the Super Snake conversion you can get the 40th anniversary badge on the grill. I would like to propose an option that would take that combination one step further and give it a limited status. Many of us are upset that this is an open package. Why can't SAI offer the 2007 GT500 owners a limited package? The way this could work is as follows: Those of us who are on the list get called in the Fall. We are given 2 options SS or 40th SS (for 2007 only). SAI could keep the SS package open through how many years they are considering and close the 40th SS after the round of calls in the Fall and create a sequential number set for the 40th SS (07SS40th 0001C) limited to the number of buyers on that round of calls and then it will be closed. This gives us a chance at a closed production and opens up a third set (40th, SS and 40th SS)of Low numbers for SAI to assign. I don't see how this would hurt SAI's intentions and at the same time would give us a limited package.......................................

Great idea. They can then change the color of the stripes on the "40th SS" to lime green regardless of the base color. We'll really be special.

I like the idea, though I cringe at how much SAI might want for that scenario!

Per SAI the 40th Anniversary package is the only package that will be limited (1000 or less). The SS will be built in the total number or cars that line up to be converted. You can also get the power and brake options of the SS package in the 40th package.

Also the KR will be eligible to upgrage with the SS package. Who knows how many cars that Ford will build or how long they will build GT 500s. Any and all of these cars can have the SS package installed.

I like that concept that you can get a limited package now if you own an 07 model with the 40th package.

Archived