TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Fender wings

jimmym

I ordered a set of fender wings from Billet Pro Shop for my 13 GT500 and I have a question. The product is beautiful and looks great on the car, question is, should I leave them on permanently OR attach them for car shows only ??!! Do I really want people to know how much hp I have, or let them guess when they see my taillights fading in the distance ? I removed the 3M tape they came with on the wings and replaced them with "business card magnets", cut to fit and made to stick to the back of a business cards so the business card sticks to any metal surface. It works perfect, they are super thin magnets, very strong, and you cant see the magnets and would never know they weren't permanently attached. If the magnets are used, they would be used for car shows only, NOT to be driven with them on the car. It's very easy to replace the 3M tape as well if needed. I love they way they look, so, leave them permanently attached or use them for car shows only???

IMG 3499

IMG 3497

IMG 3498

IMG 3495

It's a toss up, I do think they look pretty cool on the car. So far its a 50/50 split. The little kid in me says "don't put them on", the element of surprise would work, and the grown up 50 year old guy in me says "leave them on" you don't have to race everyone you see !

Wings were " exclusive " at one time on SS conversions, now they seem pretty common place.

If you're going to have them, they should set YOUR car apart from the crowd. Maybe wheel hp or hp/tq.......leave them on all the time.

07_02_2015_C_R_cruise_night_006.jpg

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

• 1 month later...

Looking Great......... just ordered mine.

"Black Edition 5.8L Supercharged. .... 750 HP". Shipping out my order today.

• 3 weeks later...