TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Time--recommendations?

I've noticed some slipping in my '09 KR w 25k miles. I purchased back in January and have only put 4K miles on it. I drive her pretty mildly but who knows what the previous owner did. The drivetrain is stock.

From what I read, the McLeod RXT is hard to beat. I have a feeling I'm going to be "hooking up" much more solidly and am anxious to have this done. I realize this may be a bit overkill but there may come a day when I install a TVS and boost the power further.

A quick note since first posting; the shop I will use said it's unusual to have a clutch go so fast and said it COULD be a bad throw out bearing which he said is not uncommon at 25k miles. So small chance I won't need the new clutch but he's ordering it just in case.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and or comments.

Edited by Bruce2009KR

My stock KR clutch (on an early 08 car) started slipping at about 34k miles.

I put the latest generation Ford clutch in. Much lighter pedal pressure than the original.

I just rolled past 40k miles and all is silky smooth. (Yes, I track this car A LOT)

BTW, mine has the TVS swap as well.

Edited by Cali_KR

I went with a 2013/14 clutch and love it. Much easier pedal and no chatter.

I have a McLeod clutch in my other Mustang and I'll never buy another.

I was convinced after reading all of the positive reviews... but what many/most of those reviews leave out is that the clutch makes a very audible vibrating sound that is REALLY annoying to me.

To others I guess they don't mind it. But I prefer the OEM no noise clutch.

• 2 weeks later...