TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Modifying a 2013 GT350

Your car, your mods. There a lot of options available form Shelby Performance and from Ford Performance as well as aftermarket parts and tunes. Certain "gee wiz" mods can sometime affect the later resale value, if that is important to you, so keep the original parts. Otherwise, I would say to do the research and go for it. A wide body kit to get some sizeable tread on the rear might be a good idea. I am sure a number of owners of the coyote V8 have done some successful work on power, drivetrain and suspension and could share their recommendations and time slip results.

My car has the 525 hp package with the stock ford racing tune. At Bandimere in Denver the car ran 13.3 at 110. I was pretty disappointed with this. I have a stock 2014 that ran 13.4 at 106. I know the car has a lot more in it. It was hard to keep the stock tires from spinning. I think tires would get me in the mid twelves. The auto will also make it faster and more consistent. I have a 3.25" pulley and need a good tune. That should add considerable power. I think it is going to be a great car to take drag racing a few times a year.