TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another new battery

19again

I will have to check but I think the battery I have now is not 4 years old. Today I had this checked and my 500 CCA was down to 180. I started having a trickle charge issue and now I know why. My charger would change from yellow to green, green meaning the battery is satisfied. But after a while the yellow light would come back on then I would jiggle the mated connection and it would go back green. I didn't like that so I had it checked and a new Motorcraft original equipment will be installed tomorrow. Don't ask what I paid for the battery I won't know till tomorrow and then I will tell. I should also say I've put about 18,000 miles on that battery.

I will have to check but I think the battery I have now is not 4 years old. Today I had this checked and my 500 CCA was down to 180. I started having a trickle charge issue and now I know why. My charger would change from yellow to green, green meaning the battery is satisfied. But after a while the yellow light would come back on then I would jiggle the mated connection and it would go back green. I didn't like that so I had it checked and a new Motorcraft original equipment will be installed tomorrow. Don't ask what I paid for the battery I won't know till tomorrow and then I will tell. I should also say I've put about 18,000 miles on that battery.

Still no price but I did see the date code on the old one, 4/10. Still not bad for a 6 year old.

The original battery in my 2008 Shelby GT died two weeks ago. I was going to replace with another Motorcraft but my Interstate rep made me a great deal on a MTP-96R which looks just like the one I took out. I didn't know that they made a battery that didn't come in a green case. Hopefully it lasts as long as the last one.

Mark

Still no price but I did see the date code on the old one, 4/10. Still not bad for a 6 year old.

Paid $135 for the battery.

Batteries are funny things. Growing up in Az and selling auto parts for most of my career there, you know that batteries will NOT last in the desert heat for much more than two years....period!

That said, the Motorcraft batteries seem to be the best of the bunch (in my experience). After moving east here to NJ, my batteries last forever! It's nutz.

On a side note....these batteries that say they're "sealed", the ones with liquid in them (not gel) , are usually not really sealed. Typically there's a way to pop open the caps to keep them filled to the top ring. If you do that, and keep the battery "tended", they'll last much longer. :thumbsup:

The newer the car the more draw on the battery due to all the electronics and if your car is not an every day driver then it eats batteries like cookies. And doesn't matter what battery it is because if have more than a few cars one car may not get used a lot so it sits there sucking the battery down due to all the electronic gizmo's inside the radio. My original Shaker unit died and has been out of the car for awhile and this car barely has any draw on the car compared to before when it ate 3 Motorcrafts. It not has an Interstate and hasn't went dead once

9 years on the Motorcraft in the 2007 GT500.

I have used my own made battery conditioners on my cars stored in the winter or when not driven for weeks on end.

Got this one for 4 years now and no problems.

http://smartercharger.com/

Can you post a pic under the hood with the original battery? I have a friend that is looking for an original and I don't know what they look like. I've been told they look a little different than the replacement.

Archived