TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Talk/Rumors of 50th Anniversary KR?

mlane73

I bought my first '08 KR after sitting in the dealer's showroom for a year. My 2nd one I found on another dealer's floor after sitting over two years. I don't see Ford offering another KR in collaboration with SAI. Possibly they would just manufacture the whole product in house like the current GT350.

Do you mean Terilinga? There's no way I would buy one if all it was was a Hertz rental car with the letters KR slapped on it. If I'm going to buy one it's going to have to be a unique build.

No, just meant they would offer a KR and build a limited number of cars like the recent Hertz program. . SA would have to add big HP , (700hp+)track ready suspension, CSM# and styling cues to set it apart. The SS and Terlingua would be close competition.

Oh. I see what you mean.

I am just hoping for a track monster. I would prefer it be based off the GT350 or hopefully a new GT500. I would also like to see a new hood. I am not to fond of any if the current hoods. Love the rear wing though.

Something like this maybe.

http://www.chicane23.com/shop/body/tiger-racing-hood-mustang-2015-clear-carbon/

Much like it was said they will never make the Terlingua again. It will happen again the only question is when will Shelby do it.

Or the recent Hertz program cars. Never say never. I would be surprised if SA passes on a possible 50th anniversary edition.

There have been peeps wanting a 50th Bullitt too, but I say it would be like an '01..... (Oh boy, gonna get flamed here!!), but the new body style lends nothing to it's heritage. :shrug:

The '01s were kind of cool, too.

I am partial to the '08-'09 Bullitt style, though. ^_^