TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSM 16H0086

kashrahman

I kept looking at hertzcarsales.com. They had 300+ mustangs for sale, mostly v6 convertibles and a few GTs. Then on Nov 1 they had 5 Shelby mustangs listed (CA, NV, TX and IL). By the end of the day the cars were still on the website but listed as mustang GTs. I contacted the local sales branch and went from there. They have a "rent to buy" process that involves several steps.

FYI, by the end of the week all the shelbys were off the site. They were listed for $35-40k, while the normal GTs were $27-29k. I'd keep checking for any mustang over $35k

I just got a call from my local Hertz guy. He told me all the cars were pre-sold to executives and hertz would not be selling them to the public. lol

They must have a ton of executives.

There could be some possibility to that I suppose, but unlikely. With so few in the pipeline, I guess it could be possible for them to allow a sale at net book value to managers and execs. I wouldn't totally count that out, but highly unlikely. If that were the case, we would still see an abundance of those going straight to ebay for a quick flip and making some cash. Much more likely that Hertz will auction them as they know that they will sell for more than their purchase price. With the disastrous financial year they are having, I would think that they would want any additional income this would give them. Any sale over NBV would be additional income straight to the bottom line. I don't think that they are going to want to miss that.

There could be some possibility to that I suppose, but unlikely. With so few in the pipeline, I guess it could be possible for them to allow a sale at net book value to managers and execs. I wouldn't totally count that out, but highly unlikely. If that were the case, we would still see an abundance of those going straight to ebay for a quick flip and making some cash. Much more likely that Hertz will auction them as they know that they will sell for more than their purchase price. With the disastrous financial year they are having, I would think that they would want any additional income this would give them. Any sale over NBV would be additional income straight to the bottom line. I don't think that they are going to want to miss that.

I am sure the guy I talked to isn't in the know. He probably was thinking about the 16 supercharged cars.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hertzcarsalesschaumburg.com/certified/Ford/2016-Ford-Mustang-Schaumburg-d8d9cfae0a0e0adf2f7fe0bb9781a0b5.htm

Going to look at it this week. Wonder if it got left behind from O Hare last month.