TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 suspension ideas

Pmc3476

Hey guys. New here and new to shelbys. Need help w thoughts on suspension upgrades. I have a 2013 convertible gt500. Has all options. It's my first gt500. I've had saleens and zo6s previously. I've been running car around streets w all my friends and can never seem to keep power to the ground. Granted I'm chasing around a 2016 zo6/zo7 and a couple other vettes. Every time we come out of turns and they punch it they seem to get away. I seem to just be loose. Any guys w experience here maybe can lead me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Welcome!

Lots of good threads here on suspension upgrade. How much you want\need to spend will be based on your application...Street only, drag, road course, mountain twisties, etc.

Many of us upgrade the lower control arms to keep the wheel hop to a minimum. Lowering springs give the car a great look a feel and I'd recommend those to anyone with a GT500. A Panhard bar and brace are also very popular to keep the rear end squared up over the tires, especially after lowering.

If you plan to do HPDE\Road Course work: Sway bars, adjustable stock\struts, castor\camber plates and upper control arm are bumpsteer kit are some of the items to consider. These are typically very 'tunable' to get the desired feel, but sometime have trade-off like a harsher or noisy ride.

Not as familiar with drag racing setups.

Edited by barspen