TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original Brake Duct Kit - Manufacturing Info

Hi All,

I have the original type Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit on my car, the second series, not the fiberglass ones. Unfortunately the right one has cracked. Does anyone know what type of plastic these were made from? I am wanting to repair the crack, but need to know the plastic type so I don't ruin it with the wrong type of glue or plastic repair. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone has an original right side Brake dust they would like t sell, I am interested.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

I sent you the info via Facebook. Hope that helps!

Jer

Hi All,

I have the original type Shelby GT Brake Duct Kit on my car, the second series, not the fiberglass ones. Unfortunately the right one has cracked. Does anyone know what type of plastic these were made from? I am wanting to repair the crack, but need to know the plastic type so I don't ruin it with the wrong type of glue or plastic repair. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone has an original right side Brake dust they would like t sell, I am interested.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

I have the original style brake ducts on my car. I had one crack during installation and I used JB weld to repair the crack and painted the ducts. It has held up for over 5 years at this point. Hope that helps.

Thanks Jer and 08SGT/SC, I appreciate the help.

If someone could send me that info also, I would appreciate it. I don't have an issue now, but would like to have the info for the future "just in case". Thanks.

Robert,

I have the original style brake ducts on my car. I had one crack during installation and I used JB weld to repair the crack and painted the ducts. It has held up for over 5 years at this point. Hope that helps.

Isn't JB Weld great?