TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Shelby letters- 35Min job. PICS

BillyRay

I have been putting this off and I finally decided to get this done. WOW I thinks it looks so much better and it is a easy job.

1. Get the blow dryer and heat one letter at a time/ I used a small pry tool to lift the letter and pulloff. You'll have some sticky tape left over and I used my finger nail to remove.

2. Once all letters are off I used the alcohol to remove the sticky residue.

3. I took blue masking tape and applied to old letters to place on rear of trunk to look at the spacing.

I had to roll small pieces of tape so it wasn't noticeable.

4. Once I had the right spacing I put the factory letters on one at a time.

5. This is the part that can drive you crazy making sure the letters are spaced/ straight/etc!!!

PS. I think Ford could have done this at the factory but they may have been rushed or just lazy.

I think the 08,s are spaced across the trunk like the 2004 Shelby prototypes

I printed off the spacing from a past post,I guess the spacing may be your taste.

Good Luck.........Billy

post-3364-1182965678_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1182965701_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1182965722_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1182965678_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1182965701_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1182965722_thumb.jpg

Sweet...

Mine are about the same spacing...but look different for some reason.

Shelby-Read-Letters.jpg

All joking aside, I do like mine centered much better.

I have been putting this off and I finally decided to get this done. WOW I thinks it looks so much better and it is a easy job.

Nice job on the installation. I did mine like yours too!

Ah yes another letter thread haha! Anyways, it looks great, and once again, spaced different (see the other 100 threads) but great just the same.

Also, no the 2008's do not have this spacing, they look the same as teh 2007's (again see the other 100 threads).. Lol

PS. I think Ford could have done this at the factory but they may have been rushed or justed lazy.

I've seen this sentiment expressed several times around here, and my question is.... why? The 07 is the 40th anniversary of the '67, and you don't see anything spelling out "Shelby" across its trunk lid. All I see is a badge in approximately the same positon as the Shelby letters on the 07.

1967-Shelby-Mustang-GT-500-blue-white-ra-lr.jpg

I've seen this sentiment expressed several times around here, and my question is.... why? The 07 is the 40th anniversary of the '67, and you don't see anything spelling out "Shelby" across its trunk lid. All I see is a badge in approximately the same positon as the Shelby letters on the 07.

+1

150man - I agree with you, it is consistent with the 1967. I'm leaving mine factory.

I think some of the sentiment you are hearing are people that are rightfully upset the letters on the final version are different than the GT500 Show Car that toured the show circuit. At the time, there was a lot of talk about the reason it moved to the left was due to the cost of retooling a new decklid less the third breaklight. I like it either way.

Just my opinion.

HSURB

1. Get the blow dryer and heat one letter at a time/ I used a small pry tool to lift the letter and pulloff. You'll have some sticky tape left over and I used my finger nail to remove.

2. Once all letters are off I used the alcohol to remove the sticky residue.

3. I took blue masking tape and applied to old letters to place on rear of trunk to look at the spacing.

I had to roll small pieces of tape so it wasn't noticeable.

4. Once I had the right spacing I put the factory letters on one at a time.

5. This is the part that can drive you crazy making sure the letters are spaced/ straight/etc!!!

PS. I think Ford could have done this at the factory but they may have been rushed or justed lazy.

I think the 08,s are spaced across the trunk like the 2004 Shelby prototypes

I printed off the spacing from a past post,I guess the spacing may be your taste.

Good Luck.........Billy

Did you get your from here http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...lby+Emblem.aspx

Totally Agree!

If you want to save $19 bucks from that price...order them from Moss Motors. They are Ford OEM letters. I ordered a set but did not use them. I was able to re-use mine.

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...amp;SortOrder=2

I totally agree as well.

The 68, and 69 had the letters spread out across the trunk, the 65, 66, and 67 did not. So, which look is more "classic"? Either way apparently. If you want your 07 to look more like a 68, spread 'em out, if you want it to look more like a 67, don't!

The 66:

carroll_66_gt350_autographed.jpg

The 68:

68gt500conv4.jpg

150, good call. it is a personal choice but i am leaving mine stock.

BillyRay- what mufflers you got on her, looks niceeee

I have Magna Flow,they sound good when I romp the piss out of them!! I installed them myself it was real easy, I had no lift either.

Looks very nice...but according to Shelby, the reason they didn't space them out on the rear was that the letters will not stick well to the vinyl striping and in time, may fall off...hopefully yours will remain in place.

Archived