TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Hood? Any Issues Recently (2016)? Seeking Install Advice

ShelbyGT5HUN

I really really love the Super Snake hood. I am wondering, and asking for more current info, about any problems with quality control or fitment issues. Sometimes products get better or worse later in their production cycle, or business change and perhaps are issuing a more inferior product. So has anyone run into any issues or regrets with their Super Snake hood? This will be going on my 2010.

What exactly is required to install and finish the hood, prep involved, cost to paint, final cost for everything? I sometimes pop my stock hood, when it's in the garage, and I just love that look of the gap it makes. I think I might bite the bullet and purchase one.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think the 2013/14's got hood pins installed from Shelby. Since the 2010 uses the same Super Snake hood, I would guess that not installing them would not be an issue on a 2010?

001_zps9a4omali.jpg

002_zpskp04av2x.jpg

^^^^^Since this is the same Super Snake, I grabbed a couple of other 2013/14 Super Snake pictures from the Shelby info., no hood pins........

004_zps5gbfeyav.jpg

^^^^^Especially since the 2013/14 was a 200mph car at the 662hp level....................I wonder how many mph an 850hp Super Snake would go?

R

Edited by Robert M

You would think having the vents open would reduce hood bulge. Perhaps he did it because it was causing too much drag at speed?

Anyone have any direct experience with the whole process of ordering, shipping, finding a good body shop, and price all said and done? Thanks

I am sure you have seen this Robert

I love the sound that car makes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fD16WTS6kmM

Actually, no I had not seen that. I had seen a picture of the board showing the 220+ but not a video. Thank you for linking it, I enjoyed it!

I also appreciate Van's spiritual convictions (which I was not aware of). Thank you again!!

R

I've had my SS hood for a few years now and still love it. I had Shelby Motorsports install it and I do know they had issues with the fitment. So I would just be prepared for a lot of prep work. Can't really give an install price cause I had a bunch of other done at the same time. But other than that, I could not be happier with the hood. And have never run hood pins either.