TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The KR H-Pipes are coming out on eBay.........

Robert M

N.O.S.............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-Ford-Mustang-GT500KR-Exhaust-H-Pipe-w-4-Clamps-/182305114441?hash=item2a723b4949:g:focAAOSwLnBX3X9F&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-Ford-Mustang-GT500KR-Exhaust-H-Pipe-w-4-Clamps-/191988998377?hash=item2cb36fa0e9:g:focAAOSwLnBX3X9F&vxp=mtr

Many non-KR owners have bought the KR mufflers from FRPP, but not many also added the unique H-pipe that was part of the KR exhaust system.

I think a company called Power House Racing Products (PHRP) offered a similar KR style H-Pipe for $250+ and I don't think it had clamps included for that price. It is now discontinued.

I may un-install my 3" mandrel Shelby/JBA Super Snake 700 system and downsize to 2.5" again, I seemed to have lost some lower end torque with that 3" and I have always liked the sound of the GT500KR system. The H-Pipe shown above was always the elusive part to find......until now.

R

Edited by Robert M

Sweet.

I also misquoted the PHRP GT500KR H-pipe price, it currently shows "Out of Stock" on their website, but it is shown as $350 with the four clamps. So the original $299.95 Buy-it-Now that was on these two eBay Shelby auctions was not out of line at all.

It will be interesting to hear how this H and the KR mufflers sound with the FRPP shorty headers?

R

Edited by Robert M

I have the KR mufflers but not the H-Pipe on my otherwise stock exhaust, what is the improvement over the stock GT500 X-Pipe? Assume it is also louder?

I am not sure why the SVT engineers spent extra development $$$ to add the H? It would have been much easier/cheaper to have the Shelby Mod Shop just install the GT500KR catback.

We are currently discussing this on another forum, and one of the members said the X gives a more raspy sound like a European sports car and the H gives a more throaty American Muscle car sound. <<That may be the whole reason, they studied the exhaust tones until they found a sound that would be correct for an American Muscle car, and the H was then added to the "to-do" list for the GT500KR build.

R

Edited by Robert M