TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT350 Crash (Cars and Coffee Houston 10/1/16)

Larry T

If those were the Carbon Fiber Wheels, they look like they stood up pretty well in regard to impact.

Anybody else notice that the vehicle appeared to be towed improperly? It says in the GT350 owner's manual supplement to only use a flat bed and to NOT use wheel lifts.

Anybody else notice that the vehicle appeared to be towed improperly? It says in the GT350 owner's manual supplement to only use a flat bed and to NOT use wheel lifts.

I hope they tore up more stuff on the car by towing it in that fashion as the idiot deserves it!

I thought this would be posted here pretty quickly; there was a video that showed the driver too. Looks can be deceiving because the guy looks like if he were sitting next to his car he would be the kind of person you want to be in the future, a respectable person who has the car of your dreams - a goal. Then he does this:

He shrugs it off like its funny that he almost ran children over and to be honest I don't think he thinks of this as a big loss to him.

Edit: Also, here is the full video.

Edited by Helix

Was the driver ticketed?

There are other videos in regard to this crash. There is a video from the Houston Chrinicle of the Houston PD apparently handing the driver a ticket.

Also ,in one of the videos look at the drivers feet when he immediately gets out of the car.He is barefoot. There is another video showing the driver going back over to the car and reaching down in the floorboard area and grabbing a pair of sandals/fliplops and slipping them on before the cops arrive. While it is not illegal to drive barefooted it isn't recommended and it is very dangerous to leave objects in the driver side floorboard area especially if the car has a clutch pedal.

Edited by mhr1961

Also ,in one of the videos look at the drivers feet when he immediately gets out of the car.He is barefoot. There is another video showing the driver going back over to the car and reaching down in the floorboard area and grabbing a pair of sandals/fliplops and slipping them on before the cops arrive. While it is not illegal to drive barefooted it isn't recommended and it is very dangerous to leave objects in the drivers idea floorboard area especially if the car has a clutch pedal.

Driving barefoot when not wearing shoes is safer than getting sandals or flip-flops caught under the pedals when trying to shift. It is not illegal in any State to drive barefoot according to AAA. The driver I am sure did not want to walk around the street barefooted, especially if he had any indication that he would be ticketed for reckless driving and possibly dragged off to the police station for a breath test. He certainly does not deserve the car he crashed.

He was eligible for the trifecta of tickets!

Exhibition of speed

Failure to control

Reckless endangerment

just can't fix stupid... even if you have the money.

he'll probably fix the car with cash not reporting to insurance and sell it as an clean un-wrecked vehicle, adding to his slimy persona. then buy a new one...

He was eligible for the trifecta of tickets!

Exhibition of speed

Failure to control

Reckless endangerment

just can't fix stupid... even if you have the money.

he'll probably fix the car with cash not reporting to insurance and sell it as an clean un-wrecked vehicle, adding to his slimy persona. then buy a new one...

Since the cars Texas license plate is clearly view-able in the video I suspect not only has this car been flagged by the insurance industry it wouldn't surprise me if Ford has flagged this car in their system. He did Ford no favors when you consider the amount of exposure these videos have received all over the internet.

Also since the police were on scene I suspect some sort of accident report was taken which would show up on a future CarFax.

Similar to those stupid, goofy, set up street races with all those spectators around, you can see this street was lined with people. I'm sure they were not there to watch a parade. They were there to watch this kind of stupid behavior. This is not what cars and coffee events are supposed to be about, but obviously what it has grown into in some areas.

• 3 months later...

Am I getting old or are plain clothes cops getting younger? Even the patrolman looked like a late teen...

What I don't get is, way do people do this stupid stuff? I mean, everyone there know what these cars can do. All someone will accomplish, if everything goes perfect, is show everyone around you that you're a jerk.

Edited by MarcSpaz