TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have Shelby Will Travel III

We arrived in Tennessee today and so far no Shelby sightings in 6 states. Gasoline is back up to $3.07 a gallon for Premium. I use the highest octane I can find which is 93 so far, and I have never used anything less. I know the manual says 93. The car is still idling at 1100 RPM's and a check under the hood showed nothing unusual that I could see? There are no mods at all on this vehicle and the oil was changed the day before I left (5W50) at 1300 miles. It now has about 3100 miles. We have a friend in Nashville whose family is affiliated with a Ford Dealer so he advised to bring it up for a look. We are hitting the back roads on our way as you will see from the pictures. Tomorrow we plan on finishing our tour of the Battle at Shiloh in southern Tennessee near Savanah and then heading to Nashville. We have been told not to rush out west because of the fires in Colorado and California.

Here are a few classics we saw in yards out in the country.

classicsa.jpg oldcarsa.jpg

Hot Rod Harry do you see that old Oldsmobile in there?

Old Gas Stop

oldstationa.jpg

Which one is meaner? This bird flew in Nam Super Snake!

namcobraa.jpg

classicsa.jpg

oldcarsa.jpg

oldstationa.jpg

namcobraa.jpg

I put this in a seperate thread so people who wanted to read them would not have to keep rereading the original post. If you want it in the same thread Admins go ahead and move it. Just wasn't sure if it was a good idea? Anyone who has a clue about fix please let me know asap. I noticed it right after I hit the rev limiter between 1st and 2nd real hard. Do you think that could have damaged it?

We arrived in Tennessee today and so far no Shelby sightings in 6 states. Gasoline is back up to $3.07 a gallon for Premium. I use the highest octane I can find which is 93 so far, and I have never used anything less. I know the manual says 93. The car is still idling at 1100 RPM's and a check under the hood showed nothing unusual that I could see? There are no mods at all on this vehicle and the oil was changed the day before I left (5W50) at 1300 miles. It now has about 3100 miles. We have a friend in Nashville whose family is affiliated with a Ford Dealer so he advised to bring it up for a look. We are hitting the back roads on our way as you will see from the pictures. Tomorrow we plan on finishing our tour of the Battle at Shiloh in southern Tennessee near Savanah and then heading to Nashville. We have been told not to rush out west because of the fires in Colorado and California.

Here are a few classics we saw in yards out in the country.

classicsa.jpg oldcarsa.jpg

Hot Rod Harry do you see that old Oldsmobile in there?

Old Gas Stop

oldstationa.jpg

Which one is meaner? This bird flew in Nam Super Snake!

namcobraa.jpg

Great pics. I thought the manual said 91 Octane? What kind of mileage are you getting?

I will have to look again but I thought it was 93 Octane. I dropped from almost 22MPG to 20? I noticed problems with the car idling high after I missed a shift and the rev limiter kicked in. Maybe I messed something up. We will be heading west after Visiting Shiloh baattle grounds and going to nashville.

My car started idleing high (same 1100rpm) after a 200mi trip and is still doing it, I have 1700mi on the car. I going to call Ford and see if there is an updated flash for the PCM.

mark

keep us all posted on your trip.. Sounds like your having a blast!!!

Archived