TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I think the stripes are vinyl, correct?

acesound

I had the misfortune of having a chip hit the hood at the blue stripe and it looks like the high quality vinyl came off. Do anybody else can confirm this? In the past I thought they were painted.

And by the way, recommendations for a clear bra or full vinyl/fabric bra with straps and everything (removable,black) ?

Best regards.

I had the misfortune of having a chip hit the hood at the blue stripe and it looks like the high quality vinyl came off. Do anybody else can confirm this? In the past I thought they were painted.

And by the way, recommendations for a clear bra or full vinyl/fabric bra with straps and everything (removable,black) ?

Best regards.

Correct they're vinyl and NOT painted.

Steve

Correct, and they have been vinyl since the beginning with the 2007 GT500 on....

Didn't some of the 2011-2014 SAI GT-350's come with painted stripes? Or are you just referring to the Ford produced Shelbys?

Edited by mhr1961

Didn't some of the 2011-2014 SAI GT-350's come with painted stripes? Or are you just referring to the Ford produced Shelbys?

The OP has a 2016 GT350 and yes painted stripes were an option from SAI during the 2011-12 GT350 run.

Update: changed the years from 2011-14 to 2011-12 as technically GT350 painted stripes did go away after 2012

Steve,

Were painted stripes still an option on the 2013-2014 GT350? I thought that the option was dropped because of the extra time to get them done. I do like having mine painted on my '11 GT350 as it is a hassle polishing the vinyl ones on my wife's Mustang GT. It is a real maintenance time issue. The vinyl stripes require vinyl polish to prevent swirls.

Don

Steve,

Were painted stripes still an option on the 2013-2014 GT350? I thought that the option was dropped because of the extra time to get them done. I do like having mine painted on my '11 GT350 as it is a hassle polishing the vinyl ones on my wife's Mustang GT. It is a real maintenance time issue. The vinyl stripes require vinyl polish to prevent swirls.

Don

Now that you mention it, let me check on that as I think you are correct.

UPDATE: It does appear that the painted stripe option was no longer available for the 2013-14 GT350's.