TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help

12SS26

Ok guys how do i go about getting parts for my super snake ? Lets start off with i bought it wreck and of course the gas faux cap , CSM Badge by the shifter was gone and all the billet aluminum engine caps was missing. If course who ever wreck the car or the sales took them. So now when i call out at shelby they said as long i could prove i own the car they would sell it to me .I sent a copy of the title to them and now they are saying that i have to have the part being damage or stolen report . So what should i do? I mean dang if u have a title and picture of it wreck shouldnt that be enough. I sold alot of stuff to get this car and a lot of things i didnt want to sell but i wanted this SS more and am sure u guys know how it is when your women is fussing about u giving that much for a wreck car and now u cant get the parts for it. LOL So what should i do? Thanks

Well as a SS owner I appreciate the rules set up to protect the components that make these cars so collectible. That being said, as I have learned in many lessons in life, all rules are made with the ability to make exceptions by the decision-makers. I recommend getting in touch with Gary Patterson and explain the situation to him. I would be surprised if the parts dept, who are just following instructions, would not help you out after a word from Gary. He can definitely make things happen for you. Just mention that they have the opportunity to sell you a good bit of parts if they will play ball with you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the rear end housing on a SS the same as a shelby?

Yes, it is the "original to the car" axle housing and Shelby replaces the oem gears with 3.73's during the Super Snake upgrade. My oem cover has the Shelby techs personalization mark on the cover label, pretty cool.

^^^^I say "original to the car" above, because each axle has a one-time barcode band on the right axle tube, usually in between the vent hole and the center section. <<This barcode is the "numbers matching" identifier for the axle being "correct original" to that specific car. The VIN sequence number is clearly printed on the end of that barcode wrap and I'm sure that the barcode could be scanned at a dealership for information during the warranty period. If you attempt to move this barcode band to another axle assy., it will most likely shred.

This is the "numbers matching" band I am talking about. There are no numbers "stamped" in the axle, so once this oem VIN band is damaged............it's a big deal..........

023-1_zpsd0dea3de.jpg

^^^^This is one of the main reasons I chose to de-rust/restore my 2008 axle instead of crawling under the car with a spray can.

R

Edited by Robert M

Sorry guys i dont know how to down load pictures or i would send u pictures.

You would have to sign up on a host site for the pictures, like Photobucket.com (or another site) and upload the pictures to that site, then attach them to this forum from that site.

It sounds somewhat complicated, but once you do it a couple of times, it is pretty easy.

R