TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Taste of Indy

svttim

Looks like fun. Didn't know you were gonna be there, I was hanging out in the entry way Sat afternoon waiting for a ride-along that never happened.

I was there as well, just observing. Im sorry you guys missed out. The Indy officials shut it down

I was there as well, just observing. Im sorry you guys missed out. The Indy officials shut it down

yeah, Gary Patterson gave us the bad news. And before the banquet I got to chat with him for a bit and he told me about the incident that stopped it (which interestingly enough happened right in front of my buddy in the B group). Maybe next time drivers will listen to instructions.

It was Petty's driver that crashed but didn't see what happened?

Was he driving a '66 GT? I didn't hear that anyone crashed, but the '66 in the afternoon B group session spun out pretty good, somehow missed all the hard parts, and that was the final straw. Several warnings were given, and then the track pulled it.

Was he driving a '66 GT? I didn't hear that anyone crashed, but the '66 in the afternoon B group session spun out pretty good, somehow missed all the hard parts, and that was the final straw. Several warnings were given, and then the track pulled it.

The car that crashed was a Silver newer one under the Petty banner which the Paramedics had to check out the woman and that shut down the track for awhile. She may have gotten some whiplash as the frontend looked like it smacked a wall around the back somewhere. It happens even the experienced drivers can have issues

For those of you who were not at indy and don't frequent facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Q0r7Br1ko

Really nice video. Loved the sound track!

https://youtu.be/E3LqvHoxV6U

Here is what it looked like from a 2016 Shelby GT-H.

This was cool too! Nice video.

Mark

The car that crashed was a Silver newer one under the Petty banner which the Paramedics had to check out the woman and that shut down the track for awhile. She may have gotten some whiplash as the frontend looked like it smacked a wall around the back somewhere. It happens even the experienced drivers can have issues

Then that wasn't the final straw that ended the ride-alongs. The final one was the 66GT that spun out, a lot, but didn't crash.

I ran my stock 07SGT in the middle of the D group on Saturday and had a blast (originally in the C group).

Hit over 110 on the front straight away-an amazing rush.

Wanted to take it easy going into the turns as those brakes aren't the best around.

First and last time I'll track this car and very glad I did.

The 1:30 ride-along-session was delayed 10 minutes due to thee track issue.

Also heard someone was asked to leave during the morning runs.

I thought the track sessions were extremely well run.

• 2 weeks later...