TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 vs Roush Stage 3 Review, Comparison for wicked wednesday

Larry T

Overall, a decent comparison. Not sure why so many folks confuse the SVT Performance Pack (which includes the so-called "Tarnish-Painted Forged-Aluminum" wheels he pointed out) and the SVT Track Pack (which has nothing to do with the wheels).

Unsurprisingly, I prefer the Shelby's appearance, features, and sound.

Recently the support for the Roush products have been poor. Myself and a few others have had calibration issue's that have needed a patch. Leaving message after message with no return contact. My vote is with the GT-500.

I totally agree ......especially since I've owned both products and now have the Beast of a Car (2014 Shelby SVT TP/PP GT-500). Go! Shelby.

Not the 1st dealership comparison video pushing Roush products that I've watched. Non of them mention resale value !!

You are not supposed to think about the "resale" value, you are supposed to be blinded by power and not think about the fact that one is a warmed up Mustang GT when you see the big hp on the Roush sticker.

Thank you Larry for the comparison video.

R

Edited by Robert M

Thanks for that comparison. It pretty much addresses all aspects of each. Have been following the Roush versions since they started appearing 20-some years ago. What never appealed was the fact you could order just the appearance packages. In other words, Shelby is a more integrated and consistent product, especially when produced under the SVT umbrella.

Roush stuff is very trickl but pricey. Talked to the guys at Skillman Ford about several of them over the years and didn't get too far. Anyone else here who has attempted to deal there knows what I am talking about. One year old stock and they are demanding full sticker, yeah that ain't gonna work. Explains why they have a bumper crop of them looking for a home. Cool cars though.

Shelby all the way and I have had 2 Roush Cars and now its Shelby all the way as in 2014 Grabber Blue TP/PP Beast of a SVT GT500. Don't fall for the Okey-Dokey SHELBY the superior product for ownership street cred and resale turnover value.

If Larry thinks the clutch is tough in the gt500 he has wimpy legs. he should test my 09 gt500 clutch pedal which is no problem for me. my wife just loves driving our 14 gt500 and would drive it all day if I wasn't along with her & she has girlie strength.

I have had salesman try to talk me into a Roush but no way. One dealer had one for 3 yrs on the showroom floor and discounting it 5k still no way

• 1 year later...