TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/SC question

99-9x

When people had the GT/SC conversion were any automatics done? Curious as to how many cars were converted in 5 speed and how many if any in 5 speed automatics.

I had my Barrett Jackson convertible automatic done. It was one of the first ones after the Paxton moratorium and before Ford blessed the Whipple as their own. Mine was a Kenne Bell. There was some statement that the horsepower was cut back on the convertibles but still 500+ was more than enough.

THANKS I know the SC package included wheels and brakes,did SA do any upgrades to the auto trans? In the back of my mind l am thinking about having my 2007 SGT with 4000 miles done.Just trying to justify the cost. An auto would make it a little more unique l think.

Mine is an Automatic and part of the options were the Razor wheels, Baer/Shelby brakes all which were installed at factory

I am actually upgrading to the 6R80 6spd Automatic as its far superior to the 5spd Auto

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Revenge is sweet... Ford will be finally adding the automatic to the GT350 even the GT500 if its built as its just a better transmission and much stronger than the manual. W or W/O the paddle shifters the automatic can just shift better then us humans and car shifting at the right moment is actually a big deal as far as performance goes.

Some people will always prefer the manual but its god damn time people who want or need the automatic can finally drive the big snake