TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mecum Auction

Was watching this last night and a fully loaded 2007 Super Snake with 2,800 miles maybe sold only for $41,000. That is shocking

Someone had to be desperate for cash because that was ignorant to sell it that low with no reserve

Was watching this last night and a fully loaded 2007 Super Snake with 2,800 miles maybe sold only for $41,000. That is shocking

Someone had to be desperate for cash because that was ignorant to sell it that low with no reserve

The 605hp Super Snakes are having a tough time lately. But I agree that's the lowest SS price I've seen.

And don't forget the seller receives 5-10% less after they pay the auction fee's.

Steve

The 605hp Super Snakes are having a tough time lately. But I agree that's the lowest SS price I've seen.

And don't forget the seller receives 5-10% less after they pay the auction fee's.

Steve

Over a year ago I am the ONLY one who predicted and put it down in writing on these forums that that the new GT350's would hurt the value of the SAI GT350's, the GT500's, Shelby GT's, but didn't think those would hurt the Super Snakes and many of the resales are getting clobbered. Ford put out a great car at a price that is far better than the Shelby cars, Roush cars, a few Saleens, and I am sure orders of Super Snakes are down. Its great for buyers but bad for sellers. The one car holding its value the 08/09 GT500KR's.

And if the rumor is true of a twin turbo V8 GT500 for 2018 the prices may go down further. Right now you can get great deals on 13/14 GT500's and its a shame a great engine like the 5.8 only got 2 years

You keep complaining that the new 350 has hurt the previous generation Shelby's.

The previous generation Shelby's have continued to drop long before the new 350!

Stock market is for investors, these cars a made for the smiles per gallon!

You keep complaining that the new 350 has hurt the previous generation Shelby's.

The previous generation Shelby's have continued to drop long before the new 350!

Stock market is for investors, these cars a made for the smiles per gallon!

Who is complaining smartass? I made a prediction and it has turned out right and stock market has nothing to do with it. But since you are an expert you have no clue that 8-10 years ago the big investors left the stock market and started buying cars hence why we had $400k Boss 429's, million dollar Cuda's, and restomods that sell more than the real thing so in reality these cars are a stock market but you knew that right?

Over a year ago I am the ONLY one who predicted and put it down in writing on these forums that that the new GT350's would hurt the value of the SAI GT350's, the GT500's, Shelby GT's, but didn't think those would hurt the Super Snakes and many of the resales are getting clobbered. Ford put out a great car at a price that is far better than the Shelby cars, Roush cars, a few Saleens, and I am sure orders of Super Snakes are down. Its great for buyers but bad for sellers. The one car holding its value the 08/09 GT500KR's.

And if the rumor is true of a twin turbo V8 GT500 for 2018 the prices may go down further. Right now you can get great deals on 13/14 GT500's and its a shame a great engine like the 5.8 only got 2 years

Rightfully so, the new car is better in every way, I have thought about getting one, but I just love my Shelby GT too much. Mine is a toy that gets 2000 miles a year on nice weekends, one day I will replace it or add to it, but if I add it will be a much different car, I do not like having 2 of anything, I would rather change it up. Another P-Car more then likely.

Who is complaining smartass? I made a prediction and it has turned out right and stock market has nothing to do with it. But since you are an expert you have no clue that 8-10 years ago the big investors left the stock market and started buying cars hence why we had $400k Boss 429's, million dollar Cuda's, and restomods that sell more than the real thing so in reality these cars are a stock market but you knew that right?

Predicting that these modern cars will continue to drop in value? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, the difference is you keep blaming the new 350 for the drop!

Edited by stngfever

What happend here....am i missing something...$32.500

krvb_zpsqxuradr6.png[/url]

I was at this auction. This car had a bad carfax report as it was wrecked. They did not do a very good job of repairing the rear end as the panels did not line up a all.

The 725 hp versions aren't doing that much better either.

I deal with both buyers and sellers every week and in my opinion the 725hp Super Snake's are not doing bad. It certainly has helped the earlier SS owners when there has been several price increases for the SS package over the past several years.

725hp SS's are finding buyers, 605hp SS's not so much. This is why 605hp SS sellers are lowering their prices drastically to convince someone who is looking for a 725hp SS to buy their 605hp car instead.

Of course extreme examples can be pointed out, I'm just talking overall.

Steve