TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford GT ...... I think 500 People are going to be very angry......

David Hawkins

The fact that they will do more will not destroy the value of the first 500 units. I just hope they are not hidden away and are seen as much as possible. The one coming here to a friend will be driven, not stored. And he is keeping his 2006 GT (upped to 1250 HP RWHP) for alternate travel. Good luck Dubbs, you deserve one, at least for going through the paperwork ordeal!

2018 is a hopeful year for me...

If you don't have something (ie, you weren't officially notified you were on the back up list and didn't get "the email" today) then you're relegated to year 4 - open competition again, all of us that didn't make the cut this time (6000) Plus the new people (est. 6000 more).. And remember, when looking at your preserved application that...it lost. Perhaps best to start over. :)

Edited by twobjshelbys

If you don't have something (ie, you weren't officially notified you were on the back up list and didn't get "the email" today) then you're relegated to year 4 - open competition again, all of us that didn't make the cut this time (6000) Plus the new people (est. 6000 more).. And remember, when looking at your preserved application that...it lost. Perhaps best to start over. :)

I never put in an application. I may know a person or two that can push an allocation my way.

• 11 months later...

If anyone is interested.

Jay got a black one with red stripes and shows (and talks) about the entire experience! It's a half hour vid, but it's all Jay and no other guests. He really is a cool guy. I like how he talks....like a regular everyday car guy. :) Enjoy!

BB

https://youtu.be/7-MCdfqL61E

Edited by BIKEBOY

Those lucky enough to win the lottery have been given some bad news: Production delays are going to stretch deliveries. Those that had been given a slot for order week will be given a new time, and those that had been told their order window would be in "quarter x" will get a new quarter. I've heard from a reliable source that some are jumping ship and getting a McLaren 720S that outperforms the GT, is comfortable, has a trunk, and can be bought for half the price and delivery in 3 months.

Edited by twobjshelbys

If anyone is interested.

Jay got a black one with red stripes and shows (and talks) about the entire experience! It's a half hour vid, but it's all Jay and no other guests. He really is a cool guy. I like how he talks....like a regular everyday car guy. :) Enjoy!

BB

https://youtu.be/7-MCdfqL61E

I thought it was Black with Orange Stripes.

Yeah, I love the look of the car, but I've changed my mind in wanting one. Two people can't ride together, and I'm a big guy to start with. The old GT is far more comfortable after putting my hands on them both. There is another option coming though...hmmm

Yeah, I love the look of the car, but I've changed my mind in wanting one. Two people can't ride together, and I'm a big guy to start with. The old GT is far more comfortable after putting my hands on them both. There is another option coming though...hmmm

The pic of the Shelby boys sitting inside said a lot about interior space.

One needs to be the size of a jockey...lol

Look at the center console. Two "large" people are going to be rubbing shoulders. I've heard (but not seen confirmed) that the driver can reach across and touch the passenger side window...

If you listen to the Jay Leno video in comparison to his others he really pretty much just made excuses about the car.

Guest markham51

It is a 500k race car that is street legal and purpose built. It is an amazing car for what it was designed to do. :shift:

Edited by markham51

I agree with Jay Leno (talking through his lisp and muttering his words). The GT is a purpose built race car 1st and street car second. Although beautiful in every way, the 2005 - 2006 GT was a street car 1st made to replicate the 60's race car. Many teams tried to campaign the 2005 - 2006 GT with marginal results. The new GT is a race winning car and they now have a street version.

If you want something comfortable... don't buy the race car. Race cars are inherently uncomfortable. It's that simple.

Look at the center console. Two "large" people are going to be rubbing shoulders. I've heard (but not seen confirmed) that the driver can reach across and touch the passenger side window...

If you listen to the Jay Leno video in comparison to his others he really pretty much just made excuses about the car.

Like everyone, I have watched many of the Leno vids, and if you read between the lines with Jay (because he HAS TO BE P.C. In order to keep peace with the manufacturers) he will NOT say anything at all, if he's NOT impressed with a certain car. Case in point the HellCat. Watch that video and compare his reaction and comments to others. To include the new GT. He was NOT making excuses for this car Tony....I completely disagree. He was however pointing out precisely what Blake says....it's a purpose built race car this time around and people that are beating it up wanting a Lexus four door sedan, need to stop bitching.

Jay has an a$$load of cars and is IMHO, a totally relevant officianado on the subject.

Off topic here..... Without any children, what do you all suppose will happen to his extensive collection when he's gone? I really hope he's set it up to not be able to be sold, and that it will have to remain a museum...sorta like Petersen.

Edited by BIKEBOY

Like everyone, I have watched many of the Leno vids, and if you read between the lines with Jay (because he HAS TO BE P.C. In order to keep peace with the manufacturers) he will NOT say anything at all, if he's NOT impressed with a certain car. Case in point the HellCat. Watch that video and compare his reaction and comments to others. To include the new GT. He was NOT making excuses for this car Tony....I completely disagree. He was however pointing out precisely what Blake says....it's a purpose built race car this time around and people that are beating it up wanting a Lexus four door sedan, need to stop bitching.

Jay has an a$$load of cars and is IMHO, a totally relevant officianado on the subject.

Off topic here..... Without any children, what do you all suppose will happen to his extensive collection when he's gone? I really hope he's set it up to not be able to be sold, and that it will have to remain a museum...sorta like Petersen.

You could ask Jay if he would adopt you so you could inherit his collection... :lol:

Also note: Jay has the best of both worlds with both the previous and current Ford GT's. Must be nice.

• 1 month later...

I'm the old guy on this forum I get a pass on bitching. Hey get off my grass. Where's my Ford GT ? Not since dating have I been turned down so many times. Actually I had better luck with girls then Ford.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I'm the old guy on this forum I get a pass on bitching. Hey get off my grass. Where's my Ford GT ? Not since dating have I been turned down so many times. Actually I had better luck with girls then Ford.

Like it or not this process prevented outrageous adms and kept a 500k car at 500k instead of 1m+

You could ask Jay if he would adopt you so you could inherit his collection... :lol:

Also note: Jay has the best of both worlds with both the previous and current Ford GT's. Must be nice.

BUT, will he get the Hat Trick, the o'l Tri-Fecta and get a First gen GT?