TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Poker allocation chip - wanted

Well, Since I just introduced myself, I decided to post up my first quest. Although my KR is pretty well documented from the previous owner, I don't have an allocation poker chip. If anyone knows where one could be located, the answer is definitely to be found on this forum! So I am asking for help, insight, divine intervention, whatever it takes, to procure the poker chip! I have done some searching and have come up with a few very old results, so i believe its possible. Perhaps someone on here had a KR, sold it, but still had the chip, now would be a great time to help a KR owner out! Feel free to post up your own pics of the poker chip. Make me jealous, its ok.

Thanks in advance for any/all help.

Rod

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forum in a long time. I have two of these chips. They are very cool and there were 50 allocated at a Ford event in Las Vegas in 2007. Because most of the KRs were going to big dealers, the smaller dealerships wanted a fairer chance to get a KR allocation. So, Ford put in 50 chips into random goodie bags and if you were lucky enough to find one in your bag, you would get a KR allocated to your dealership. So, I'm guessing there are 50+ chips out there. I will look around for the chips and take a picture for you. So, do I want to sell one? No, not at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a link to a thread on this site that has a pic in it. Shelby auctions has a couple complete sets that include the cap if you're interested:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/60994-for-sale-gt500kr-brake-fluid-cap/?hl=%2Bmaster+%2Bcylinder+%2Bcap&do=findComment&comment=1039701

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can someone give me a step by step process on how to post pics?

Thx

I upload my photos to photobucket. Once there I tap the image file number and it copies it. Then I go into the thread and paste this image number, maybe it should be described as an address, and when I submit the post, the image shows up. I hope that helps.

aIMG_5110_zpsl61flbp8.jpgIMG_5111_zpsau1xukvt.jpgIMG_4930%20copy_zpsgwmioiew.jpg

As requested- some pics of my freshly restored '68 KR (by Tim Lea) took me 5 years to find exactly what I wanted and 9 months to restore BUT it finally happened and worth the wait- all original matching numbers- 4spd, factory air, vert, Acapulco Blue (car was in an Illinois barn the last 41 years)

aIMG_5110_zpsl61flbp8.jpgIMG_5111_zpsau1xukvt.jpgIMG_4930%20copy_zpsgwmioiew.jpg

As requested- some pics of my freshly restored '68 KR (by Tim Lea) took me 5 years to find exactly what I wanted and 9 months to restore BUT it finally happened and worth the wait- all original matching numbers- 4spd, factory air, vert, Acapulco Blue (car was in an Illinois barn the last 41 years)

Beautiful :worship:

Absolutely fantastic pics of the '68.

I too haven't been on the site in a while. Thanks for posting your car pics, and thanks for the picture of the poker chip. I truly appreciate it. I have never seen one before.

Rod

P.S. I also thought I would receive emails when people posted in my thread. I guess not.

• 8 months later...

Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forum in a long time. I have two of these chips. They are very cool and there were 50 allocated at a Ford event in Las Vegas in 2007. Because most of the KRs were going to big dealers, the smaller dealerships wanted a fairer chance to get a KR allocation. So, Ford put in 50 chips into random goodie bags and if you were lucky enough to find one in your bag, you would get a KR allocated to your dealership. So, I'm guessing there are 50+ chips out there. I will look around for the chips and take a picture for you. So, do I want to sell one? No, not at this time.

I just recently purchased a 2008 Shelby GT500KR #0871 (silver/blue stripes) and it came with the original tires and wheels plus the original splitter that were removed from the car the day the first owner brought the car home. He purchased a new set of Shelby 20" wheels and tires with spinners and a regular GT500 splitter that are currently on the car. He also purchased 2 master cylinder caps, the blue and black steering wheel, console cover and shift boot plus the blue GT500kr shift ball. I too am interested in obtaining a KR poker chip and am willing pay up plus throw in one of my master cylinder caps if you don't have one already. I am a disabled veteran and trying to spend the time to log on my computer trying to locate this chip is very hard for me to do. If you would be willing to part with one of your poker chips it really make my day!!!!!

Shelbylou