TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great time with my dad

I was unable to visit my dad in Cincinnati for Father's Day...I was in Phoenix on business (and visiting carnut riding in his Z06 :hysterical2: - but that's another thread later).

However, this worked out well, as my dad's church was having a car show this week, and he invited me. We made it into a Father's day weekend...we went to dinner at Longhorn (now I'm going to do my Rob imitation here :hysterical2: ), he ordered a half-slab of ribs and some cheese fries, and I had ribeye done medium with a blue cheese wedge salad. :hysterical:

Anyway, the car show was Sunday after church, so I attended church with dad, then we went to the show. To make a long story short, we did not have to DRIVE in the rain at all...it rained a bit but stopped and dried before we left. There were about 45 cars in total. Here are a few pics. My dad's is a Green 1929 Model A Roadster with a rumble seat. That car is a real chore to drive...I actually drove it in the summer of 2006, and I'm still tired from that event. :hysterical: the door doesn't open far enough to "swing" your legs in...so you must stand up until you get in, then slide down behind the wheel. It has mechanical brakes (no hydraulics). The steering gear has more play in it than a 3 year old without his ridilin. The seat is not adjustable...tough poooey if you are tall or short. The trans is not synchronized, so double clutching is required. There is a spark advance lever on the steering wheel that you have to operate while driving...no automatic spark advance. There's a manual choke too.

We had a great time other than my dad's car stalled and would not start, then the front bumper (if you can call that thin strip of steel a bumper) broke and he's having it welded and replated.

My dad taught me about cars...we spent many hours in the driveway and garage bleeding brakes and changing starters on his 1970 Pontiac LeMans with a 350. It was the car I learned to drive in. Then he taught me to drive a stick shift in a Vega. :hysterical2:

I'm very fortunate to have been able to spend this quality time with my dad. He's a great man.

P.S. My camera battery ran down before we got pics of he and I together...but he took some with his camera and I'll update this thread when he sends them to me.

P.P.S. The 1919 black car won best of show...I don't even know what kind of car it was...I think it said Dodge on it...not sure. And as for the VW Beetle .... :redcard:

Dave

post-3382-1182840741_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840797_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840828_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840856_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840884_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840917_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182841000_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182841022_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182841052_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840741_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840797_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840828_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840856_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840884_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182840917_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182841000_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182841022_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1182841052_thumb.jpg

Dave,

I remember you talking about this event a few months back and how much you were looking forward to it. I am happy for you that it went well. Very cool that you are both into cars.

PS

Can you post a photo of Mr. Nut?

The blue panel truck is hot?

What place did it get? :hysterical:

It is great that you got the chance to spend time with your dad, especially at an event you both enjoy.

...and about riding around in Nuts Vette, what does that have to do w/ Mustangs! :rant:

:hysterical:

Blue? Blue? :rant: that's called "Quilted sky blue" and it's a factory Hostess cupcake delivery van color. :hysterical2:

Dave,

I remember you talking about this event a few months back and how much you were looking forward to it. I am happy for you that it went well. Very cool that you are both into cars.

PS

Can you post a photo of Mr. Nut?

Yes, in another thread when I get time....but I think I only have one pic of him and it's a side shot....I was aiming at his cars. :hysterical2: His head got in the way. :hysterical2:

Glad you made it to the show with your dad, Dave.

We don't have to tell you how great it is to spend time with him, doing the things you enjoy together. You already know it and are richer for it.

Just the same, it is great :happy feet:

Glad you made it to the show with your dad, Dave.

We don't have to tell you how great it is to spend time with him, doing the things you enjoy together. You already know it and are richer for it.

Just the same, it is great :happy feet:

Thanks Bruce...I'll be posting some of the pics tonight from our get together.

Looks like you guys had a great time together I'm sure these memories will stay with you both . A great blessing indeed. Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

PS: How did you like the Razor wheels on that Mustang GT ? I've always liked them but have never seen them in person on a stang.

Looks like you guys had a great time together I'm sure these memories will stay with you both . A great blessing indeed. Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

PS: How did you like the Razor wheels on that Mustang GT ? I've always liked them but have never seen them in person on a stang.

I love the Razors. The problem is that they only come in 9" wide, and if you go to the wider Nitto tire...I'm not sure they'll fit. This is one of the things I'm investigating.

Dave

Archived