TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does shelby SS have there number stamp on the frames any where?

Does Shelby SS car have the hidden stamps like saleen did his car?

Not sure why there would be a need for that since every modern car has its VIN number "hidden" throughout the car and its the cars VIN number that will confirm an authentic Super Snake from an owner modified GT500/Mustang.

Now if you are correct and because you know about hidden Saleen stamping's what's to prevent you and others that know about these hidden stamping's from stamping an identical number onto a non-Saleen car?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is what is the point of hidden Saleen stamping's? I'm sure Saleen has a list of all Saleen VIN numbers to verify if a car is authentic.

Steve

PS- Almost forgot, the answer to your question is no SAI does not stamp hidden numbers on the Super Snakes we build.

Just when i take my SS apart i know i have to change some sheet metal parts just didnt wanted to make sure i dont cut off any on my SS numbers . On the Saleen cars i know where most of them are on a fox and 99-04. Pretty cool them stamping numbers like that. I just didnt know if shelby did or didnt.

Just when i take my SS apart i know i have to change some sheet metal parts just didnt wanted to make sure i dont cut off any on my SS numbers . On the Saleen cars i know where most of them are on a fox and 99-04. Pretty cool them stamping numbers like that. I just didnt know if shelby did or didnt.

If you have any questions about putting together a SS, call R&A Motorsports (816) 246-9094. They have been putting my '13 SS back together for the past couple years, every time I break or need to fix something that wasn't quite right after leaving Vegas. Things like new rear axle assemblies, bent struts, radiators and intercoolers, the have done it all for me.