TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just got the letter for the airbag recall on my 2008 / both sides need to be done

venom

So I've been away for awhile and didn't even realize our cars had an airbag recall.

So I'm hoping that my local dealer can order both airbags and then let me come in same day to have the service done as I refuse to leave my car in the dealership overnight?

Secondary, I'm wondering if this might be a good time to try and snag an "auto-penned" Carroll Shelby dash part for the passenger? Anyone else taken advantage of this recall to do the same and are they still available?

If you used SEARCH for AIRBAG you would find there are about 5 to 10 discussion topics already.

Summary is:

the driver side is available now (but your dealer may have to order parts so don't drive in expecting to wait). The passenger side is not yet available and if the driver side history is any indication it will be next year before it is.

Can't answer about the signed dash panels. You could take yours off and send it to the foundation, but if you wait for the recall parts you'll need a few haircuts first.

If you used SEARCH for AIRBAG you would find there are about 5 to 10 discussion topics already.

Summary is:

the driver side is available now (but your dealer may have to order parts so don't drive in expecting to wait). The passenger side is not yet available and if the driver side history is any indication it will be next year before it is.

Can't answer about the signed dash panels. You could take yours off and send it to the foundation, but if you wait for the recall parts you'll need a few haircuts first.

Are the panels hard to take off? Any "how to" threads on that?

Are the panels hard to take off? Any "how to" threads on that?

Yes, there are a bunch of "how to" discussions here. Try using search. Look in the Shelby GT forum for older posts. I took mine off and it's not too hard. However, the unit does remove the passenger side airbag and that has to be separated from the dash panel. It's all described here.

• 10 months later...

are the passenger side bags available yet? I want to get both done at the same time and not mess around..

Ford passenger side air bags are not yet available. I got the notice a few weeks ago for my Dodge truck and had both passenger and driver replaced last week.

Ford passenger side air bags are not yet available. I got the notice a few weeks ago for my Dodge truck and had both passenger and driver replaced last week.

+1, just had our driver's sides done. Sevice manager said late fall for the passenger side.

oh man, TY Sir... guess I'm waiting until at least the Fall. Thank God I don't drive it that often :)