TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Arrived

The 2008 GT500KR I bought last week just arrived today

Car is perfect except I found a door ding on drivers door that looks very recent and dealer swears it wasn't there

Looking for info. on these KR's like what suspension springs/dampeners came on these, what exhaust system, rear gear ratio, stuff like that? This KR is bone stock prior owner added nothing

I already have another thread saying car doesn't have the brake cooling duct hoses installed or in the trunk and will want to add it

I have never owned and driven a Mustang with the 5.4 so it'll be a lot of fun getting used to it

These KR's came out after I already bought and built my 2008 Shelby GT/SC but wouldn't go back and change anything my GT/SC is still my favorite late model Mustang maybe even favorite of all-time. The 1967 Shelby is still my favorite and I don't own one at the moment on purpose because I am a Restomod guy I can't leave anything factory stock and I won't even restomod a vintage Shelby. I am also a huge fan of the 71-73 Mach 1's having grown up in one and I still have my Dad's Mach 1.

Anyone who has upgraded their KR as far as suspension goes tell me what you did and how you like it. Same question for exhaust system? I am fairly sure the GT500KR's has the Ford Racing mufflers which I am no fan of so we'll see. I don't intend to sell it so a few mods may be ok. I drive them enough said

08 KR 1.jpg

Edited by 39Mustang

I forgot to include this question with my post... are there any issues with the factory Alcoa's on these?

If I drive it a lot or use it on track once in awhile are these rims strong? I thought I read somewhere that these Alcoa's are no longer available so if you mess it up you are screwed, is this true? Original Good Year's still on there but I hate Good Year tires going back to the Gatorbacks that came on the Fox-body GT's. Good Year admitted they had a problem with those tires that caused them to wear 3 times faster than others and they never fixed it. If you had the original 5.0's you know exactly what I mean. Its a shame they once were a great tire but those FAT manufacturer contracts made them lazy

The 2008 GT500KR I bought last week just arrived today

Car is perfect except I found a door ding on drivers door that looks very recent and dealer swears it wasn't there

Looking for info. on these KR's like what suspension springs/dampeners came on these, what exhaust system, rear gear ratio, stuff like that? This KR is bone stock prior owner added nothing

I already have another thread saying car doesn't have the brake cooling duct hoses installed or in the trunk and will want to add it

I have never owned and driven a Mustang with the 5.4 so it'll be a lot of fun getting used to it

These KR's came out after I already bought and built my 2008 Shelby GT/SC but wouldn't go back and change anything my GT/SC is still my favorite late model Mustang maybe even favorite of all-time. The 1967 Shelby is still my favorite and I don't own one at the moment on purpose because I am a Restomod guy I can't leave anything factory stock and I won't even restomod a vintage Shelby. I am also a huge fan of the 71-73 Mach 1's having grown up in one and I still have my Dad's Mach 1.

Anyone who has upgraded their KR as far as suspension goes tell me what you did and how you like it. Same question for exhaust system? I am fairly sure the GT500KR's has the Ford Racing mufflers which I am no fan of so we'll see. I don't intend to sell it so a few mods may be ok. I drive them enough said

This is the most upgraded KR I have seen. SA did the work too. Awesome KR.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142073906361

Edited by ShelbyKR664

This is the most upgraded KR I have seen. SA did the work too. Awesome KR.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142073906361

Yea I seen that ebay car and I am sure its bad ass but he lives in dreamland thinking anyone is going to buy it anywhere even close to that price. With what he has done I'd be keeping it and driving that thing. Change the tires and go after those Camaro's in the Optima Ultimate Street Car series. I plan to do that next year with my Terlingua after arm surgery

**Snip**

To answer your questions, the KR was fitted with the "Ford Racing" suspension and exhaust. Rear gear ratio is 3:73. For the record, your 2008 KR will out run and out perform ANY mustang from 1964 1/2 up until it's model year release !

...why are you NOT a fan of the Ford Racing exhaust? Did you hear the exhaust tone of your KR yet ? Such a sweet sound, especially on accel !!

**Snip**

To answer your questions, the KR was fitted with the "Ford Racing" suspension and exhaust. Rear gear ratio is 3:73. For the record, your 2008 KR will out run and out perform ANY mustang from 1964 1/2 up until it's model year release !

...why are you NOT a fan of the Ford Racing exhaust? Did you hear the exhaust tone of your KR yet ? Such a sweet sound, especially on accel !!

umm everyone's hearing is different just like everyone's taste buds are different and I had the Ford Racing exhaust on another car didn't like it and frankly when they built these cars and for the price it should have had much better exhaust system