TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Missing Parts?

There is a reason why I said recently I wish exotic car dealers would stick to the Ferrari's, Porsche's, Mercedes, etc... and stay away from American Muscle which you have no clue about then buyers don't run into this issue

On Friday I acquired a very low mileage 2008 Shelby GT500KR Silver/Blue but only learned on Saturday the reason why SAI never installed the brake cooling duct hoses and so they were left in the box in the trunk when the cars were shipped to the dealers or owners. I had the dealer look in the trunk this morning and look to see if prior owner installed the duct hoses and no and not in trunk either. Why original owner didn't include them with the car who knows?

I know these kind of parts are long gone so if no one has any extra's which I know someone always buys up the rest of the parts, then what do you recommend using to finish the installation as I cannot be the only one who bought one with these parts missing?

Carl,

The photo below shows the kit along with the FRPP part number.

Unfortunately back in 2008-09 many dealership salespeople removed these kits from the trunk and sold them on ebay, same with the floor mats.

Several websites show this kit for sale but the big question is do they really have it on the shelf. You'll probably need to make a bunch of phone calls.

Steve

Snap 2016-07-25 at 11.44.20.png

Carl,

The photo below shows the kit along with the FRPP part number.

Unfortunately back in 2008-09 many dealership salespeople removed these kits from the trunk and sold them on ebay, same with the floor mats.

Several websites show this kit for sale but the big question is do they really have it on the shelf. You'll probably need to make a bunch of phone calls.

Steve

Didn't know these were a FRPP part so it should make it easier to locate

Do you have a picture of what the Floor Mats look like they came with the car? Not too concerned SAI still has the aftermarket upgraded floor mats

Do you have a picture of what the Floor Mats look like they came with the car? Not too concerned SAI still has the aftermarket upgraded floor mats

Floor mats are the same as the SGT floor mats, stock Ford mats with an attached metal "Shelby" nameplate.

Steve

I'm pretty sure the correct original GT500KR front floor mats had this metal tag...............

005_zpsxrwvszxe.jpg

002_zpswwqdp89e.jpg

003_zpsqbigamoc.jpg

Earlier this year, Shelby Auctions was selling these mats through eBay for $23.99 + $12.00 shipping. You may want to check with Tom, who handles the Shelby eBay auctions, and see if there are any left?

Does your GT500KR have the Black finned differential cover? From what I have read, some did not get that unique piece. There are some of those in the SPP Outlet for sale. It is a modified Ford Explorer cover.

R

Edited by Robert M

I'm pretty sure the correct original GT500KR front floor mats had this metal tag...............

005_zpsxrwvszxe.jpg

002_zpswwqdp89e.jpg

003_zpsqbigamoc.jpg

Earlier this year, Shelby Auctions was selling these mats through eBay for $23.99 + $12.00 shipping. You may want to check with Tom, who handles the Shelby eBay auctions, and see if there are any left?

Does your GT500KR have the Black finned differential cover? From what I have read, some did not get that unique piece. There are some of those in the SPP Outlet for sale. It is a modified Ford Explorer cover.

R

These are in the car now so that's good. I thought the cooling duct hoses was a SAI part and like every car they stop making them

I do have an extra brake cooling duct kit for 07-08 Shelby GT's, wonder if it will fit?

R

Yes some of the 2008's didn't come with the cover.

If you plan to keep it a super low mileage KR and your's didn't come with this cover I wouldn't change a thing on it.

If you want it however Shelby sales it on EBay.

Edited by sheppd01

I drive them... no use for 1:1 scale diecast I have plenty of those in 1:18

Something about these Silver/Blue KR's just one of the best Mustangs ever built!!!

Yes some of the 2008's didn't come with the cover.

If you plan to keep it a super low mileage KR and your's didn't come with this cover I wouldn't change a thing on it.

If you want it however Shelby sales it on EBay.

Is there a time period when these were not installed? beginning of production, middle or end? or dates? Is there any documentation of CSM's that did not get the finned cover?

Did Shelby receive the Ford Explorer covers, and they removed the ears, smoothed the covers and painted Black in-house? OR were these Black covers installed on the axle before it was installed on the Ford assy. line and it went to Shelby that way, in the car?

I am guessing that Shelby did the KR covers since they are selling them currently? <<There should be a pile of oem steel take-off covers somewhere, unless they went in the trash? Maybe Ford took them back?

R

Weird, 08KF0944 did (does) have finned cover.

Apparently the "Shelby Elves" that were modding the Ford Explorer covers for KR installs were slacking back then? There is no shortage of the KR covers now..........

So if it is/was mid-production that some got the covers, and some did not, and there is no paper trail of what dates or production numbers didn't get the fins, then there is no way to say "correct" or "incorrect" on these covers for specific CSM's.

R

these screens are nice where did you get them?

Home Depot !! Just standard wire fencing. I bought a 12" x 12" piece and used the black plastic knock offs as a template. I cut them 1/2" larger than the black plastic knockoffs.

Nope.

Just an FYI. The KRs didn't have the mesh screen on the brake duct holes.

You're right but, the meshed screening looks so much better and it also serves a purpose in keeping large debris out of the duct hose.

post-11668-0-86556800-1470452011_thumb.jpg

You're right but, the meshed screening looks so much better and it also serves a purpose in keeping large debris out of the duct hose.

But how did you get the mesh to stay in place? Glue?