TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSM 16H0167

From the ebay ad:

"We understand that there is a “GT-H” logo on the engine, a rarity in rental cars. I bet this has been done to tell the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-H apart in case it is taken to a show probably by collectors in future."

Wonder where this engine logo is at, strange that there is no photo of it in the auction. Maybe it came off with the "more juice" under the hood :)

The dealership where this GTH is at does not show the car on is website, was hoping to find an asking price there.

Let's hope it finds a nice home.

Steve

No this is not one of the 15 supercharged 6spd executive cars. There was one bid on the car earlier in the week but the auction ended with no bids so it seems that the person who placed that one bid retracted his bid.

I think that the excitement over the new 16 GT-H is much more subdued as opposed to the excitement back in 2006 and 2007. I clearly remember a 2006 on ebay with low miles like this car being offered for around $80ish K. I don't remember if it sold but I was seriously considering buying it back then. I'm still super interested in the 2016 GT-H but I have a "wait and see" attitude.

Back in 2007, at the end of the 07 GT-H production, Shelby was just back into the production game with Ford and there were only 1000 GT-H's built and the Shelby GT and the GT500 was just under way. Now in 2016 there has been what, 65000 Shelby's produced in the past 10 year? I think the market has had its fill and therefore demand for the new era Shelby moniker is much more reserved.

Just my thoughts.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

possibly there on consignment??.......better exposure than selling privately?

Most likely the case. Although the ebay seller didn't list the dealership by name all one has to do is look at the dealership signage in the ebay photos along with the ebay seller location and with a little help from Google you'll know what dealership has/had the car on its showroom floor.

Steve

Most likely the case. Although the ebay seller didn't list the dealership by name all one has to do is look at the dealership signage in the ebay photos along with the ebay seller location and with a little help from Google you'll know what dealership has/had the car on its showroom floor.

Steve

So my question is I thought "ALL" Hertz built cars went to Hertz rental so how did a dealership end up with one???

So my question is I thought "ALL" Hertz built cars went to Hertz rental so how did a dealership end up with one???

Best to call the dealership and ask. The car is not owned by Shelby American so we wouldn't know how many cars Hertz kept out of the actual rental fleet.

Steve