TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT350R-C. ...IMSA series.

Now that I've got over 500 miles on the 350....well I've got to say I kind of miss the low end torque of the GT500's. From a 5 mile roll you hit it and you have to wait for the VT cams to kick in. It's just a little strange to get used to. The car is great when you keep it in the power curve .The 13/14 GT500's are night and day seat of the pants feel on the street !!!

Edited by mach 1 1970

Thanks for the update. I know how you feel, going from my '07 pulleyed GT500 to the '14 Track Pack car. I really miss the torque but getting ready for the next track night, I can see that the new car will be a lot more fun there. The GT500 is more fun on the street.

I wasn't planning on tracking the car thats why I bought the tech pack. Plus 70% of 350's ordered by dealers are tech cars. So far no overheating issues with the trans on hard driving. However without trans temp gauge I can't really know . I can't get used to the nobody home under 4000 rpm. Shifting @ 8000 rpm takes getting used to. So far no tickets. It's a great track car for sure and Ford did a great job....the only thing is that all 350's should have been like the 17 from the start.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I wasn't planning on tracking the car thats why I bought the tech pack. Plus 70% of 350's ordered by dealers are tech cars. So far no overheating issues with the trans on hard driving. Just can't get used to the nobody home under 4000 rpm. Shifting @ 8000 rpm takes getting used to. So far no tickets.

The GT350 is a track car. Sounds like Fords next HP beast is for you. Otherwise, there are plenty of good barely used GT500's for sale out there. :hysterical:

Edited by Secondo

Yeah I'm going to wait for the GT 500 but until then. I got a 15 C7....Z51 8 speed coupe with mag ride. and put $5K back in the bank. Didn't lose a thing on the 350 the used car market is strong. The Z51 does 3.7 to 60 and 11.8 1/4 mile. It's got the all the coolers for spirited driving. The base / tech pack cars are supposed to be getting a fix for the coolers.( $3K to $4K fix.) That's why I sold it before those tech cars might start losing their values. I'm not a typical Ford fan because I go back and forth between Ford & Chevy. So I'll just wait until the 500 arrives. I'll see you guys when that happens.

Edited by mach 1 1970

• 2 months later...