TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H Convertible #487

As we had some discussion in the 2016 GT-H forum I will clarify here again the specials of 07H487.

#487 is an official Hertz GT-H and one of the 16 manual transmission ones.

But on top this car is equipped with following extras:

Engine: V8 Paxton Supercharger

Brakes: Shelby GT-Plus Brake System

Tires/Wheels: Black Shelby Razors 20X9 with Good Year Eagle GT HP Ultra Plus 255/35ZR20

Interior: Center Gauge Cluster

All of this extras where ordered before purchase and/or delivery of the car to Hertz. It is a “one off” within the 2007 GT-H series and was accepted by both Hertz and Shelby for delivery to Austria. It was never registered in the US and never rented in Austria but driven and presented on various events in the country.

Of course I do have all paperwork that goes with the car like order, invoice and all mails just to name a few.

At the end of the day it actually doesn’t matter if it is “a story” or not as I have no plans to sell this car (or my 2006 GT-H #98 or the new 2016 GT-H “Exec”). If for whatsoever reason the car will be for sale in the future all of this paperwork will be available for the future owner. Until then the relevant staff at Shelby and Hertz knows about the history of the car. To my knowledge there is no dedicated Hertz registry I could send copies of the paperwork to so everything still is in Austria.

But anyway – the most important point is the fun of driving her. With both cars I drove around 14.500 miles. They are very different to each other as the vert is much more nervous and aggressive than the coupe. And I´m looking very much forward to compare them with the new 2016 GT-H – I guess it will be a big improvement.

I will Report a littlebit later about that.