TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Many Shelby Gt500 will they Build in a Day ?

scs1

Not unless you are part of a pre-arranged group tour of big shots.

Now I'm a BIG SHOT :happy feet:

The last I talked with Ralph at the plant they were building 40 per day with only 2 shifts, 5 days a week for a total of 200 Shelby GT500's per week. I will reverify when I go there in August for the plant tour

Now I'm a BIG SHOT :happy feet:

The last I talked with Ralph at the plant they were building 40 per day with only 2 shifts, 5 days a week for a total of 200 Shelby GT500's per week. I will reverify when I go there in August for the plant tour

That would be about 960 - 1,000 units per month on average. Based on 12,775 units for 07 from 6/5/06 - 6/25/07 I would say that sounds about right.

That would be about 960 - 1,000 units per month on average. Based on 12,775 units for 07 from 6/5/06 - 6/25/07 I would say that sounds about right.

200 a week would only be 10,400 (200X52 and in 07 there where a few/ many hold ups 40 a day was a figure from 07 no? plus they close for a couple weeks so really 200X50 at best I would guess, which is only 10,000 units)

I know someone said 12,775 for 07 but has that number be made offical yet ?

If not my bet is that number will be lower than 10,000 units for 07

40 a day with hold ups and 2 weeks plant shut down dont see how that number could possible be 12,775

just guessing here

Jim

200 a week would only be 10,400 (200X52 and in 07 there where a few/ many hold ups 40 a day was a figure from 07 no? plus they close for a couple weeks so really 200X50 at best I would guess, which is only 10,000 units)

I know someone said 12,775 for 07 but has that number be made offical yet ?

If not my bet is that number will be lower than 10,000 units for 07

40 a day with hold ups and 2 weeks plant shut down dont see how that number could possible be 12,775

just guessing here

Jim

5 days per week would be an average of 24 - 25 working days per month. That comes to 960 (24 days) and 1,000 (25 days)

I think over the past 3 months Ford really cranked up the production on these.

I have not heard any official number yet. I was told by our Ford rep they built between 9,000 - 11,000.

Son-of-GT posted the 12,775 number claiming that came from a reliable source from Ford.

We will probably know something official in another month.

5 days per week would be an average of 24 - 25 working days per month. That comes to 960 (24 days) and 1,000 (25 days)

I think over the past 3 months Ford really cranked up the production on these.

I have not heard any official number yet. I was told by our Ford rep they built between 9,000 - 11,000.

Son-of-GT posted the 12,775 number claiming that came from a reliable source from Ford.

We will probably know something official in another month.

Going from 12,775 to your earlier number of only 8,000 for 2008 doesn't add up :headscratch:

Going from 12,775 to your earlier number of only 8,000 for 2008 doesn't add up :headscratch:

Ford said only 8,000 for 2008.

They always said 8K - 10K for each year. They built a lot more in 07 and now say only 8K for 08 because of that.

Son-of-GT posted he was told they built 12,775 for 07. I was told it was between 9,000 - 11,000 for 07.

The enrollment form we signed said approx 8K for each model year of 07 and 08.

My guess is if it's anything like the 07's they will build as many each day that they can as long as the parts are available.

Agree. Unless the bottom falls out of the market (not likely to happen considering the many still waiting to get one) I would expect Ford to make as many as they can sell. If production gets squeezed due to CAFE numbers or production line capacity (Mazda sales go way up and they need to make more of them) then we'll have to see, but Ford wants to maximize sales $$ as much as they can. Makes no sense not to.

This thread still makes no sense. First off the most working days in a month are 23 and that is the largest number not the average. Even taking 23 x 40 = 920 x 12 = 11040. That does not take into consideration down time, delays and anything else. So being that they built over 12,000 something is off. Regardless it is way more cars than originally thought. So that being said, and the fact that they claim to only be building 8,000 2008's.... it would make sense that they are done after this year. With the post that ShelbyDude just postes with still a couple thousand 2007 on lots... I think they hit the saturation point, or at least at current prices. Even at MSRP, I think some will go lower.

This thread still makes no sense. First off the most working days in a month are 23 and that is the largest number not the average. Even taking 23 x 40 = 920 x 12 = 11040. That does not take into consideration down time, delays and anything else. So being that they built over 12,000 something is off. Regardless it is way more cars than originally thought. So that being said, and the fact that they claim to only be building 8,000 2008's.... it would make sense that they are done after this year. With the post that ShelbyDude just postes with still a couple thousand 2007 on lots... I think they hit the saturation point, or at least at current prices. Even at MSRP, I think some will go lower.

I am looking for a 2nd one for 10K under MSRP.

:idea:

Not a couple of thousand. Only 1,188. That is almost half of a couple thousand.

This is only an average of a 4 - 5 week supply. So lets see how many of these are left by the end of July. That will tell a much better picture of where the market is for these. If sales remain the way they have been then there will be 300 or less by the end of July.

Look at your calender. July has 25 work days and that is after taking out one day for the 4th which is a holiday.

Look at your calender. July has 25 work days and that is after taking out one day for the 4th which is a holiday.

Forget about what months have how many days, and average days per month.

52 weeks in a year 5 days per week work days max without holiday(every week will always have sat and sunday)

meaning no days off max possible work days = 5 X52 =260 max total work days if no holidays or plant close downs are taken.

again if 40 cars are built per day with no days off max cars would be 260x40 which is 10,400 units

Look at your calender. July has 25 work days after taking out one day for the 4th.

I think AAI shuts down for the entire 4th of July week, some plants for 2, so they can install new equipment for the changeover in M.Y.'s.

Dont forget 2-3 weeks for christmas & new years, 3 days off for thanks giving, 1-2 days for M.L. King day, etc...

Forget about what months have how many days, and average days per month.

52 weeks in a year 5 days per week work days max without holiday(every week will always have sat and sunday)

meaning no days off max possible work days = 5 X52 =260 max total work days if no holidays or plant close downs are taken.

again if 40 cars are built per day with no days off max cars would be 260x40 which is 10,400 units

So who said 40 was the max per day? If Ford chooses why couldn't they build a 1,000 in a day? I think everyone has been relying to much on 40 per day being the maximum limit they "could" build.

So "IF" they only built 40 max in a day then this would be close. I will bet they built a lot more in a day than just 40. These cars come right down the same line along with all the V6 and GT Mustangs. I think the 40 limit was based on 40 being the limit that they could stripe in a day. But the striping plant has been backed up since day one. Could they add more help if needed to get more cars striped if they wanted to?

So who said 40 was the max per day? If Ford chooses why couldn't they build a 1,000 in a day? I think everyone has been relying to much on 40 per day being the maximum limit they "could" build.

So "IF" they only built 40 max in a day then this would be close. I will bet they built a lot more in a day than just 40. These cars come right down the same line along with all the V6 and GT Mustangs. I think the 40 limit was based on 40 being the limit that they could stripe in a day. But the striping plant has been backed up since day one. Could they add more help if needed to get more cars striped if they wanted to?

You are 100 percent correct Iam only going from the numbers I seen posted here cars built per day.

I don't know what the actual cars per day are. If we did no for sure we could figure it out.

All Iam saying is.

What ever the number per day is (Shelby's built per day) max numbers of units if 5 day work week would be 52weeks X 5work days per week,(forget about figuring it out per month)

then the days closed for holiday and plant shutdowns would have to be subtracted.

Archived