TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My First Mod

I want a set un satin black. Anybody see that style

I suggest that before you purchase a set, study the letter styles and make shure (sure for you Draft) you will like the one best suitted for your car and taste. "BBs" are smaller and IMO gives the deck a refined look; whereas, the ones "Mach 1" applied are slightly larger (barely fitting on the recommended area) and make the deck look more agresive/bold. Personally, I'm still undecided... even though I order one set each to confirm the look in person and then decide which set to apply.

Having said that, try an internet search for the following P/Ns: S8MS-16606-SAS (Scott Drake/satin) or AR3Z-6342528-D (FORD OEM/satin w black insert) ...good luck!

Be aware that there are some in Ebay that are priced between $10 - $18; however, description will not confirm material nor size (decal, plastic or metal letters).

:skateboard:

Edited by Voodoo Child

The panel with the builders signature I painted the 5.2 numbers silver so it stands out. Most people don't know it's there or can't see it. Also on the driver side I moved the 5.2 plate ahead of the brace. Again you have to go to the other post to see it.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I had that idea too...I will wait to see how you do it.... :waiting:

Well Jim...truth be told, I have it down to two different "concepts". One involves NO 350 logo, while the other has some sort of snake and or GT350 logo as well.

:cool:

Stay tuned.....

• 3 weeks later...

My car is still in transit and arrives in Calif this Monday.

In the past I'd have a pile of "stuff" waiting for the car...... This time, I feel like this car comes with everything you need and nothing you don't.

That said, being an old dude and having some feelings that just will not die, I have stared at the a$$ end of these cars in pics and it troubles me that there's no decklid S H E L B Y letters. So, yesterday I ordered from SA the satin silver SGT letters, along with a template to get em right.

I'll be sure and post the finished mod when it's done next week. :salute:

Oh...and of course, my thoughts on how she drives. :thumbsup:

I have the letters enroute. Where did you get the stencil? And, no worries, mine will be different :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting those Dave!! :yahoo:

...and thanks Sean, I appreciate that buddy! :victory:

I'm really happy with them.

NOTE: The rear of the new car has a curvature unlike the S197's....therefore, the stencil plastic doesn't wanna "curve" with the body under the rear spoiler without some massaging. So what I did was first cut the stencil in half, right down the middle, which allowed it to more easily follow the curved decklid. Then I worked with a great deal of patience laying out the S H E first all the while trying to get the stencil to follow DIRECTLY under the rear spoiler. After that side was down, I applied the L B Y portion doing the same...making sure the two halves met back in the middle where they'd been cut.

Patience is the key on this mod! Oh yeah, and after the stencil was down, and right before I laid down each letter, I cleaned each open spot with alcohol.

The letters are smaller than the openings on the stencil. All you do is place each letter smack dab in the center of each open cut out. I went really slowly, and made sure right before I stuck the next one down, (even tho it was going inside a stencil), that when placed, it would line up to the eye with the others!

And one last time, for the record, these are the brushed (or as they call them at SA...."satin") letters. Made by Scott Drake, and are solid chunks of aluminum....NOT plastic!! Really nice quality.

any other tips for laying out the template decal? mine distorted rather easily, may have to scrap it and buy another one. thanks!

Shelby wheel center

Shelby wheel center close Up

Completed the deck lid letters today. Many thanks for the idea / info. Really completes the rear appearance in my opinion. Installed the Steeda clutch spring today also. Didn't need to compress the factory spring to get it it out (after wrestling with needle nose vice-grips), was able to get it out by hand with the clutch pedal depressed. However, did need to compress the Steeda spring to get it back in the car. A far easier way (for me at least) was to compress the spring (easily done by hand) and secure it with two tiewraps on opposite sides around four of the coils. Once the assembly was back in the car, just cut the tie wraps to release the tension and you're good to go. So far I've also replaced the tech package rear spoiler with the track pack version and replaced the tech pack shock tower brace with the track pack one. I've bought the air / oil separators from Ford Performance Parts, but haven't installed yet. The one thing I've done that I haven't seen elsewhere is I bought black cobra wheel center emblems from Tony Branda (part number EMB73, you have to call them or look at it in the catalog, not on the website) to cover up the Ford Script logos and a spare set of wheel centers (FR3Z-1003-A). Was originally going to use the wheel center emblems from '67 Shelby Mag-Stars, but the gold didn't work in my opinion.

Edited by esse quam videri