TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch recommendations for 2007 GT500

MtShelby

Good morning. The clutch on my '07 GT500 started slipping the other day so it looks as though it's time for a replacement. There are a lot of options out there, so I was hoping some of you guys who have been through this might be able to tell me what you've found to be a good replacement. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

It's bone stock. Primary use is just highway travel. The original one was replaced under warranty under the campaign that included the transmission, clutch flywheel etc. That one lasted 41,000 miles but always was a bit finicky as far as trying to keep it from chattering. I need something that will handle the stock horsepower and hopefully be smoother than the factory original. It's not typically driven hard, but I want something that will hold up to a bit of abuse should I choose to start having a bit more fun with it.......

Then I highly recommend the Ford 4th revision 2010 clutch/flywheel/slave cylinder replacement. Smooth like butter, durable, quiet and long lasting. Look for the topic in the GT500 Mods and Technical Clutch & Transmission forum.

Yup, have that on my KR...silky smooth...