TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby At Indianapolis

svttim

For those of you thinking about attending the MCA 40th event or, are in the area, (Indianapolis) we will be hosting a Team Shelby night on Friday September 2nd. While details are still classified "Top Secret Crypto" I will tell you it will be very worth your while to at​tend. I'm hearing the world Famous Tracey Smith will be in attendance along with the director of fun himself. There may be another guest or two. We are planning on or devours and maybe a drink or two. Now, Get your pocket book out because, you wont need it. The first 50 Team Shelby Members and their guest (one only, the wife or the girlfriend, not both) are free. Will be a first come first serve. Non Team Shelby Members can attend for 50 dollars :)

More information soon

Edited by svttim

Hopefully this is gonna be after the parade, cuz I wanna be a part of history!!

Its not looking like we can do that. we have reached out but cant get any information on what is going on Friday night with the exception of, MCA is not doing anything big. I understand the local club is doing the parade

that's confusing. I thought the parade for the Guiness record was an MCA thing. It's on the schedule for Friday night, although it seems like it has been changed from a trip between IMS and LOR to something at IMS. Schedule shows staging for the parade to start at 4, and the parade to start at 6pm until finished.

I'll still try to get to the TS event unless it's over before the parade is done.

I am the leader for the world record attempt. The Mustang Club of Indianapolis is responsible for setting up and executing the Guinness World record attempt. The the thought is there will be 1,000 cars setting the record on the oval. The event will take from roughly 3:00 to start registration, with the attempt starting about 6:00 and lasting until 8:38 pm. We have to be off site by 9:00 pm. I have a final meeting with the track and the local police in the next few days to finalize the planning.

The event is an official MCA event, just put on by our local club. There is to be some communication put out by Steve Hall in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

I am the leader for the world record attempt. The Mustang Club of Indianapolis is responsible for setting up and executing the Guinness World record attempt. The the thought is there will be 1,000 cars setting the record on the oval. The event will take from roughly 3:00 to start registration, with the attempt starting about 6:00 and lasting until 8:38 pm. We have to be off site by 9:00 pm. I have a final meeting with the track and the local police in the next few days to finalize the planning.

The event is an official MCA event, just put on by our local club. There is to be some communication put out by Steve Hall in the near future.

Thanks Mark, I appreciate you clearing that up

I did send my info. via PM whoever sent it to me maybe i sent to wrong person, but now less than 50 percent i will even be able to bring a car. Just bad timing and picked the wrong time to tear ligament and damage nerves in my arm so if event were in the next 2 weeks i couldn't even race the car without the fear my arm would give out at any moment and Sept is not that far off

• 2 weeks later...

I will be at track but hope I don't have to choose between this and the world record attempt. Just to confirm, it will cost me $100. to get me and my wife into this event as non-members?

Or, Join Team Shelby for 50 and you both get in for free :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the official Invite... please join us!

Join Team Shelby for a special dinner on Friday, September 2nd from 5:00 to 8:00PM as we as we turn the world-famous Dallara racecar factory into the Shelby Snake Pit for one night during the MCA 40th Anniversary Celebration! Membership has its benefits as the event (including dinner) is free to Team Shelby members! However, space is limited and requires a ticket. Not a Team Shelby member? It’s just $50 per person to attend – which includes membership to the club! There will be special presentations from Shelby American VP Gary Patterson, Shelby International Board Member Aaron Shelby, and International Team Shelby Director Tracey Smith. It will be a special night of living the high octane Shelby lifestyle, so don’t miss it!

Register Here:

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TS-MCADIN

1201 W Main St, Speedway, IN 46224

DellaraTSr_4.jpg