TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Christmas in June

mark.barton

Well, I finally broke down and ordered a Maximum Motorsports Road and Track Box and the packages are HERE! :happy feet: I'm so excited. Can't wait to start ripping open boxes and assembling and installing my new toys. If everything works out this weekend, I'll have everything installed and ready for the alignment shop (unless of course, the wife says I have to do lawn mowing and other homeowner stuff). I'll try to post before and after photos when I get the chance.

Mark

I don't know what it is but it sure sounds awesome LOL.

The Road and Track box includes Koni yellow adjustable struts & shocks, H&R race springs, caster/camber plates, front and rear bump stops and 36mm adjustable front sway bar. Adjustable aluminum panhard bar and LCA's, LCA relocation brackets and a boat load of hardware (including Ford spindle bolts) to put it all together. Plus I ordered a J&M panhard bar support brace from another company for good measure. Basically a complete suspension system in a box.

Mark

RTB-50_LG.jpg

Edited by mark.barton

The Road and Track box includes Koni yellow adjustable struts & shocks, H&R race springs, caster/camber plates, front and rear bump stops and 36mm adjustable front sway bar. Adjustable aluminum panhard bar and LCA's, LCA relocation brackets and a boat load of hardware (including Ford spindle bolts) to put it all together. Plus I ordered a J&M panhard bar support brace from another company for good measure. Basically a complete suspension system in a box.

Mark

Very nice! You're gonna be amazed how much better it handles with those goodies installed.

I got the new suspension package installed over the weekend and man, what a difference. I took the car for a very brief shakedown drive and from what the old butt-o-meter is telling me, I think this car now rides better than it ever did with the stock suspension. Need to setup an appointment with the alignment shop and get that taken care of. Can't wait to get the car on track to start working on shock settings.

Mark

After Suspension 1_modified.jpg

Front Suspension.jpg

looks killer , pretty low :cool:

Thanks. The H&R springs are basically supposed to lower the car 1.5 to 1.7 inches. I'm glad I didn't go with the 2" springs. Might have been a bit much. No rubbing or problems yet.

Mark

Edited by mark.barton

So much better of a look! Looking forward to see what you think about it on the track when all aligned and you get it out to play more.

Thanks Jeff. I haven't been on track at all this year do to father-in-law health issues and his pasing away in May. I'm itching to get back out there for some quality car and me time.

Mark

Going the Sears point in August for Mini Nats?

Oh how I wish I could. I've always wanted to drive that track as well as Laguna Seca, but it's just not going to happen this year (time, money, distance, lack of tow vehicle and wedding anniversary on August 6th). :cry:

Mark