TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just got 07SS 1 weak hood pin

Hi Boys,

Just got my 1st SS and while inspecting the car Tuesday night I found one of the hood pin releaase

is do weak it would fall out!

I ordered 4 new black hood pins off E-Bay and I'\,am for now rolling those stock pin inside the hood because if

one fell out I could see it slapping off the hood ( scary)...

Black 07 w/ red/blk int, 725 ponies!! The fastest Ford for me to date

was my 2005 FordGT- Black stripe delete..sold in 2010 for $160K damn it looks like I left a whole bunch of $$$$$$

on the table..

Hi Boys,

Just got my 1st SS and while inspecting the car Tuesday night I found one of the hood pin releaase

is do weak it would fall out!

I ordered 4 new black hood pins off E-Bay and I'\,am for now rolling those stock pin inside the hood because if

one fell out I could see it slapping off the hood ( scary)...

Black 07 w/ red/blk int, 725 ponies!! The fastest Ford for me to date

was my 2005 FordGT- Black stripe delete..sold in 2010 for $160K damn it looks like I left a whole bunch of $$$$$$

on the table..

Congrats on the 725!...........Fun, Fun, Fun.........

Are you having trouble with the lanyard pin falling out of the main pin with the standard stainless plate hood pin set up?

If this is the case, the billet pin set from SPP comes with new lanyards and pins and works well (when properly adjusted) to cradle/support the lanyard pin when it is through the main pin.

066_zpsl91nqgz1.jpg

068_zpsxdhmd56v.jpg

070_zps45sxdzwg.jpg

.................and below is an incorrectly adjusted billet hood pin set up, where things just don't quite look like they fit together correctly...............

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M

• 1 month later...