TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Problem with acceleration

Dear Friends.

I need help for some problem what I get 2 days ago. When I try to start from 1'st gear(2500-3500 rpm) car very slow start accelerate, I stop and do exercise again acceleration go better, when I switch for 2nd gear in the 3300-4000 happen failure, it mean acceleration again go slow and I hear the sound like slip/skid tires, but it not tire I think it's clutch or flywheel, after 4000 rpm car starting accelerate faster... same situation when I put next 3'd gear... Yesterday I open hood and find in brake fluid tank extruded liquid, I thought it because that week ago I change breake pads for new and liquid go more than MAX level, but now I have doubts that it can be some problem with clutch or flywheel.

PS: First 3-5 min after you start engine(if car stay whole day), car go's well without any problem, but after this time frame this issue happen.

What is it? Please help me, because in my country official FORD not authorized for Mustang Shelby GT500 '08 repair.

Thank you!

Sounds like your clutch is going , the brake fluid is probably from changing the brake pads & when that happens the pistons are pushed back forcing the fluid back into the reservoir maybe because at one time some checked it before your new pad change someonen
add some fluidi because it would be lower at that time . . Back to your clutch is it the original clutch?

Sounds like your clutch is going , the brake fluid is probably from changing the brake pads & when that happens the pistons are pushed back forcing the fluid back into the reservoir maybe because at one time some checked it before your new pad change someonen

add some fluidi because it would be lower at that time . . Back to your clutch is it the original clutch?

How previus owner say - in 2011 when car is came to Kazakhstan, after 2 month clutch is die and he order new original from USA and ride approx 5.500 miles

Doubt it's the clutch as once it begins to slip it will not hold the power. In fact with a slipping clutch you are more likely to get it to hold in the lower gears rather than the higher. Mine exhibited a noticeable shudder when slipping as well.

This sounds more like an issue with software or with another system aside from the clutch.

Doubt it's the clutch as once it begins to slip it will not hold the power. In fact with a slipping clutch you are more likely to get it to hold in the lower gears rather than the higher. Mine exhibited a noticeable shudder when slipping as well.

This sounds more like an issue with software or with another system aside from the clutch.

But what do you think what is it?

Some additional information what I do before this is happen, maybe it helps to find real problem.

First I use this car only for night driving with normal trafic.

Week before this I change all liquids in car include rear axle and in manual transmition, exclude breake sys and drivenation, plus change the spark plugs for same what I have NGK 6.

Plus by my misstake I fulfiled tank 89-91 octane fuel first time.

After I do this tech guy is running my car without me for 5 min and return back with check engeen light in the panel and sad when he is drive in max performance in the 3 or 4 gear engeen detonation is hapen on the speed, he turn off 2 times engeen of and restart and detonation is go away.

I connect e321 bluetooth OBD Scan device and read this error code: 6 cylinder misfire and fuel lean, I clear all erros and my battery in car die.. I replace for new one and go to slow ride to empty fuel tank for adding 93 octane fuel, my ride go's well, I'm not give huge acceleration, but after 30 min I start to find some issue in middle acceleration, car not accelerate good... after my ride I empty tank for 1/4 and go to fuel station and add 93 gasoline. After 2-3 miles I try to do burnout from stop, first time it's not happen, in the second time happen but not so well, I try to accelerate car by strait road and I start fill thet something not OK, I return back car in parking and find that breake liq go out like I wrote in the main message. In next day I come back and try to do same, car gos like crazy first 5 minutes of ride, but after this time all comebackto this issue