TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby GT-H Spotted Thread

• 2 weeks later...

16H0096 was at the 7th Annual Shelby Car Show at the Legacy Bank owned by the Shelby family in Plano, Texas on June 11. Attached are photos. Will attach more photos in separate post.

post-46647-0-61313000-1470232182_thumb.jpg

post-46647-0-12642200-1470232422_thumb.jpg

post-46647-0-09978000-1470233487_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgh

16H0096 was at the 7th Annual Shelby Car Show at the Legacy Bank owned by the Shelby family in Plano, Texas on June 11. Attached is another photo.

I can't wait until I get to drive the one I have reserved for my birthday next month.

Sorry for the multiple replys. The system won't let me upload multiple files at once.

post-46647-0-29867100-1470233062_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgh

16H0096 was at the 7th Annual Shelby Car Show at the Legacy Bank owned by the Shelby family in Plano, Texas on June 11. Attached is the last photo

post-46647-0-37839600-1470233639_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgh

16H0096 was at the 7th Annual Shelby Car Show at the Legacy Bank owned by the Shelby family in Plano, Texas on June 11. Attached is the last photo

Thanks for the pics. We have a person who is documenting as many 2016 GT-H cars. He would be interested in any info you have on that car.

Well I spotted one cool ass GT-H today. I happened to be in Vegas and I headed down to the museum with my daughter for something to do and we walked into the museum a little late to start the museum tour so we joined it just in time as the they headed into the production area. As we walked into the back production area I looked off to one side of the production room and there was a nice shiny new GT-H sitting there. There was also a husband and wife looking over the car very carefully.

As I watched this husband and wife I came to conclusion that they were inspecting this GT-H. They were looking over the car like it was their car. I told my daughter Julia, we have to talk to this couple. I finally cornered the couple and I was super surprised to find out this was the Hertz guy from Austria!! This is the same guy who has a 2006 GT-H executive car, the only 2007 GT-H super charged executive car and he was picking up his 2016 GT-H supercharged 6 spd car.

Damn, what are the chances of spontaneously meeting a fellow member from Austria at Shelby Las Vegas. Well I got super lucky and I met fellow Team Shelby member 485HP and watched him pick up his executive supercharged 6spd GT-H. To say I wasn't green with envy would be an understatement.

We talked for at least 45 minutes and I snapped a few pictures and off I went.

QSS

post-20749-0-42720600-1470887111_thumb.jpg

post-20749-0-47182800-1470887173_thumb.jpg

post-20749-0-66599800-1470889543_thumb.jpg

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

Well I spotted one cool ass GT-H today. I happened to be in Vegas and I headed down to the museum with my daughter for something to do and we walked into the museum a little late to start the museum tour so we joined it just in time as the they headed into the production area. As we walked into the back production area I looked off to one side of the production room and there was a nice shiny new GT-H sitting there. There was also a husband and wife looking over the car very carefully.

As I watched this husband and wife I came to conclusion that they were inspecting this GT-H. They were looking over the car like it was their car. I told my daughter Julia, we have to talk to this couple. I finally cornered the couple and I was super surprised to find out this was the Hertz guy from Austria!! This is the same guy who has a 2006 GT-H executive car, the only 2007 GT-H super charged executive car and he was picking up his 2016 GT-H supercharged 6 spd car.

Damn, what are the chances of spontaneously meeting a fellow member from Austria at Shelby Las Vegas. Well I got super lucky and I met fellow Team Shelby member 485HP and watched him pick up his executive supercharged 6spd GT-H. To say I wasn't green with envy would be an understatement.

QSS

attachicon.gif16 GT-H executive #1 small.jpg

attachicon.gif16 GT-H executive #2.jpg

attachicon.gif16 GT-H executive CSM small.jpg

QSS

Very cool!!!

QSS

attachicon.gif16 GT-H executive #1 small.jpg

attachicon.gif16 GT-H executive #2.jpg

attachicon.gif16 GT-H executive CSM small.jpg

QSS

That must have been a great visit to SA!

That must have been a great visit to SA!

Over the years I've had some great visits to Shelby. I took my mom and dad to the old museum a few years back (my dad has since passed).

I took my bud Steve to the old museum and we bumped into Carroll Shelby in the back production room while on the museum tour (got some great pictures of Carroll, Edsel Ford and a few other executives).

I've bought most of the GT-H items that were in the old museum and they now hang proudly in my basement.

I went to the 50th celebrations in Vegas and a fellow Team Shelby member and I photo bombed the group picture that was taken in front of the new museum (that was very juvenile but still a hell alot of fun).

I took my kids to the new museum last year and I got to go on a test drive of the Shelby GT that was being manufactured at the time with AJ and my kids as co pilots (thanks for that AJ).

And yesterday my meeting with a fellow GT-H fanatic from Austria. Shelby has sooooo many great memories and every time I visit something new and exciting is usually happening.

QSS

So my vision came true. I Spotted this one in Vegas tonight. #160124 was picked up at McCarran Airport tonight and we (me and my daughter) headed straight to the museum to get some photos right after the sun set. .It was a perfect night.

QSS

post-20749-0-65434600-1471417941_thumb.jpg

So my vision came true. I Spotted this one in Vegas tonight. #160124 was picked up at McCarran Airport tonight and we (me and my daughter) headed straight to the museum to get some photos right after the sun set. .It was a perfect night.

QSS

attachicon.gif16 GT-H Vegas #1.jpg

Doug, daughter, Hertz car and Shelby priceless! Looking gooooood.

QSS

attachicon.gif16 GT-H Vegas #1.jpg

Nice. That's where my 06 was a rental. Enjoy!

Yesterday me and the family decided to leave the 106F temperatures (42C) of Las Vegas and head for mount Charleston which is remarkably close to Vegas. It's like a 45 minute drive from west Las Vegas to an amazing mountainous area that even includes a ski hill in the winter. Who woulda thunk it, a damn skill hill 45 minutes from the outskirts of Las Vegas.

So the temperatures around Mount Charleston were a feakin cool 76F (25C). Totally crazy stuff, drive out of the desert and in 45 minutes the weather is drastically different. We even checked out a viewing area where people used to watch nuclear explosions in the Nevada Testing Grounds back in the 50's and 60's. Surreal!!!

If your ever in the area I recommend taking a "sporty" sort of car to the smooth curvy roads in the mount Charleston area. As we drove along these scenic stretches, I threw the GT-H into sport mode, working the paddle shifters with enthusiasm when I wound up getting into a bit of shit from the wife (can you hear the sound of a whip) so I tamed my enthusiasm down. Besides, I had my kids in the car so "spirited" driving was not in order.

In summary it was the best day of the vacation and I got to become more familiar with the GT-H, I love this car.......... I want one.

QSS

post-20749-0-44935400-1471575369_thumb.jpg

Rented CSM16H0034 out of San Jose Airport in June. I partly rented it because I wanted to hear the Borla exhaust before deciding to put one on my 2015 GT and still debating about sending mine off to become a Shelby GT. I have since put on a Borla, but still on the fence about the Shelby GT part.

Car was a ton of fun! Sounded awesome accelerating onto the highway and pleasantly surprised to hear the wheels chirp as the automatic shifted gears (promise Hertz I was good to it). Only wish it was offered in manual. Put it in a local Mustang show. Didn't expect to win anything, but just thought people would enjoy seeing it since it had only been out a few weeks at that point.

jnhrvy - thanks for all the awesome pics and info. Jealous you have a 6 speed and SC version. Hope we see you around Northern California mustang clubs.

Shelby GT H

CSM16H0034e

CSM16H0034a

CSM16H0034d

CSM16H0034c

GTH Stripe Marks

(Why the hood shot - Just liked how you could see the pencil marks Shelby used to line up the stripes)

Edited by T-Bone68

San Diego Airport night of June 25, 2016. Didn't get the dash #.....just landed from a 6 hour flight from the east coast and it was like 11pm, and I was not of sound mind! :hysterical:

Upon further review, I see there's a second one sitting back there. The following days, we saw one with a baby seat in the back. It was parked in the village in downtown Lajolla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNcqm_-1heQ

Edited by BIKEBOY

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up CSM 16H0033, Lic # Indiana 339LYX at the Nashville Airport. When I turned it in I saw CSM 16H0120 or 170 (couldn't see very well through window) Lic # Indiana 942MAF parked at the Hertz booth also. It had some body damage on the rocker in front of passenger rear tire, and also on the front splitter right in front of the passenger front tire.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished a week in Terlingua Texas with 16H0099. What a blast (in more ways than one)! Did many runs in our little Terlingua autocross and other events of the weekend. Put about 1600 miles on it and they were all great. The exhaust is amazing. Really hope that I can get one of these next year. If so, it will go straight to Shelby for a Super Charger and wheels. That is all it will need to be perfect to me. I also left a little sticker under the air filter element to mark it's return to Terlingua history. Hopefully it will remain there!

IMG_0276_zpsq9egv2vg.jpg

IMG_0290_zpsqw9lrbhr.jpg

IMG_0289_zpstjp74ndl.jpg

IMG_0293_zpskpq3kii4.jpg

IMG_0298_zpsp62gcgiw.jpg

Sticker_zps83xypxdr.jpg