TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby GT-H Spotted Thread

Please post spotted photos of the 2016 GT-H here and kindly note the car's Shelby Number so we can pair them with the cars properly for future owners and research. Bonus points for snapping a photo showing original license plate and rental location. It would also be interesting to see if there is any damage to these cars (that beautiful front lower splitter looks prime for being taken out by parking curbs) that later get advertised as "never rented" and "totally original" (:

Edited by ITHERTZ66

CSM 16h0025 is at Lime Rock this weekend for the Pirelli WCS races. I'll post pics later when I can.

ilmor....hope you were able to get a photo of the car showing it's license plate. Was it there as part of a Hertz promotion or as someone's rental?

We will have one at the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals next week! It is being picked up at Dulles airport. In case you are wondering, Dulles is not a participating Hertz site for the Shelby Hertz program, but due to our event ( and some sweet talking from Team Shelby ), they have arranged for this one car to be rented from their site, just do we could have it participate in our Poker Run from Summit Point, VA to Carlisle, PA, then be on display in the Team Shelby tent during the Carlisle Ford Nationals.

I'll be sure to post the CSM#, and take lots of photos.

Z-man

ilmor....hope you were able to get a photo of the car showing it's license plate. Was it there as part of a Hertz promotion or as someone's rental?

Yes, I got that pic. It was someone's rental. It had NY plates on it.

Here's one pic. I have a few more that I'll upload after I get home.

DpRwmfW.jpg

Thanks ilmor...

It's odd......I've now seen photos of 2 different GT-Hs, both registered in New York State. However, as of this past Friday, Hertz claims no NY locations are renting cars. ???

Edited by HERTZ II

Thanks ilmor...

It's odd......I've now seen photos of 2 different GT-Hs, both registered in New York State. However, as of this past Friday, Hertz claims no NY locations are renting cars. ???

Wonder what they would say if you send the pic to them :lol:

Here's a link to my pics guys....

http://imgur.com/a/TugtY

ilmor.........great pics........thank you

Thank you. Perhaps they simply registered a bunch of them in NEW YORK but aren't renting them there (yet). Might be a cheaper or easier registration process?

ITHERTZ66......you could be right....but not for your reasoning. Being a New Yorker, I assure you NOTHING is cheaper and easier in NYS. lol

I suspect that after the initial publication of the 17 locations renting the GT-H, someone at Hertz realized they "overlooked" the entire northeast. No GT-Hs would be available to rent east of Detroit or north of Charlotte. They may have rethought their strategy and directed a few cars to a (soon to be announced?) location in NYS??

I was in Indianapolis this weekend for the Indy 500

I saw 16H0033 as it drove in the parking lot and went by and got the information on it.

I also saw 16H0154 in the Hertz lot. It received some vandalize so was out of service. The carbon fiber rocker panel accent plates were missing.

I rented 16H0018. I was told it had never been rented. It was the display and they pulled it for me. It had 88 miles on it. It was pretty cool that I was the first to rent it. Very sweet car!!

I don't know how many cars were in Indy, but I was told they will all be leaving. They were only there for the month of May. I don't know were they are going.

I have 3 more reservations for DFW this summer,

Edited by dh777

I was in Indianapolis this weekend for the Indy 500

I saw 16H0016 as it drove in the parking lot and went by and got the information on it.

I also saw 16H0154 in the Hertz lot. It received some vandalize so was out of service. The carbon fiber rocker panel accent plates were missing.

I rented 16H0018. I was told it had never been rented. It was the display and they pulled it for me. It had 88 miles on it. It was pretty cool that I was the first to rent it. Very sweet car!!

I don't know how many cars were in Indy, but I was told they will all be leaving. They were only there for the month of May. I don't know were they are going.

I have 3 more reservations for DFW this summer,

dh777........Great info. Any chance you have a license plate number of any of these 3 cars? How 'bout your rental receipt..... that may have it for #18?

Interesting that these Indy GT-Hs were scheduled for only the month of May. Possibly there just to take advantage of a heavy influx of folks for the Indy 500?? That may account for Indy not being on the Hertz list of locations, since it may be a temporary location?

16H0018

Rented 5/28/16 through 5/30/16 in Indianapolis

Start mileage 88.9

End mileage 169.3

post-17244-0-02303000-1464628090_thumb.jpg

post-17244-0-09150100-1464628092_thumb.jpg

This was the Hertz diplay car for this location

I was the first to rent.

I have lots of information and pictures of this car.

Edited by dh777

16H0154

Spotted 5/28/16 and 5/30/16 at the Indianapolis Airport rental center

Damaged - Rocker Panels with Carbon Fiber Accent Plates

attachicon.gifIMG_9176 - Copy (800x560).jpg

I thought they were only building 150 of these so I wonder why the #154? Perhaps the 15 they are building for executives will be #1 thru #15 then the hertz cars will start at #16.

QSS

#40 is no longer in NC. It now can be rented at Dulles airport in VA.

I have more pics for the future owner and I am sure several others took pics as well.

DSC_0176_zpslnxchfro.jpg

Don't you hate it when you park a brand new car in a remote and empty part of a parking lot, and when you return it is surrounded by a bunch of old clunkers. :whistling:

DSC_0181_zpsl8qrynkq.jpg

Edited by sheppd01

I wanted to thank Team Shelby for the honor of having my 2007 Hertz Convertible in your tent while Gary Patterson told his stories about the GT-H's. I have some pics as well and will post them soon.

I do have a quick story. The 2016 Hertz Shelby that was at Carlisle, was car #40. In 2006, my wife and I rented a 2006 GT-H from John Wayne airport in LA. I was looking at the pics we took and low and behold that car was also #40!!!! What are the chances...

Thanks again,

Ken Compher

07H079

• 2 weeks later...

All, it's time I introduce myself. I am the proud owner of 16H0012. Supercharged 2016 exec car and new member. My plans are to love this beauty and drive it. 670 hp and never rented. I've drivin about 150 miles so far and love it. Was able to visit the car while being built in Vegas before taking delivery. Happy to be part of team Shelby and now you all know who has #12 of 16 manuals and 170 total cars. Car and I are in Cali. Once I figure out how to send pics. I will. I love seeing the history from 66/06/07 all of it. Happy to now add from 16.