TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby GT-H Spotted Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Spotted one in Houston today in the Galleria area. Florida license plate. Looked at the HERTZ website and saw they have at least one at IAH airport for rental. Not sure when Houston became a rental location.

Spotted one in Houston today in the Galleria area. Florida license plate. Looked at the HERTZ website and saw they have at least one at IAH airport for rental. Not sure when Houston became a rental location.

Back in mid-November, as the winter season settled in in the northern locations (Seattle, Detroit, Chicago and New York), most of their cars were re-assigned to southern locations. Houston received the Detroit cars. As for the Florida tag..........??....

• 1 month later...

Well I just purchased 143 from Hertz in Las Vegas and it had always been in Las Vegas. It has 15k miles on it and was in really great shaped, only a very few minor chips on the splitter and a couple scuffs that will buff out. Really happy with it!!!

Did you car have 16,982 miles on her when you bought it?

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

I saw a blem the other day when I was at a race in Monterey. It was for sure a 2016 GTH as it was still in rental duty, but I don't know what number it was. VIN was FA6P8CFXG5299357. Odd thing was the dash plaque was just the stock "Since 1964" Mustang plaque. It was missing it's Shelby number plate, but with the stock mustang plate present. I would think that the Mustang plate was removed by Shelby and then replaced with the Shelby number plate? Or was the Shelby plate just put over the stock Mustang plate, so probably somebody took it from this car? I'm guessing that somehow the Shelby number plate was missed on this one? I didn't get a chance to talk to who was driving it to open the hood to see what number it was.

On 9/29/2017 at 12:14 PM, JeffJ said:

I saw a blem the other day when I was at a race in Monterey. It was for sure a 2016 GTH as it was still in rental duty, but I don't know what number it was. VIN was FA6P8CFXG5299357. Odd thing was the dash plaque was just the stock "Since 1964" Mustang plaque. It was missing it's Shelby number plate, but with the stock mustang plate present. I would think that the Mustang plate was removed by Shelby and then replaced with the Shelby number plate? Or was the Shelby plate just put over the stock Mustang plate, so probably somebody took it from this car? I'm guessing that somehow the Shelby number plate was missed on this one? I didn't get a chance to talk to who was driving it to open the hood to see what number it was.

One of the current cars for sale on the Hertz site has the same "Since 1964" plaque in place of the CSM plate. I'm very sure that in both cases the plaque was taken off the car while being rented.

I forget which location this other car is at but I have it written down in my office. I'll check and report back next week.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

That VIN belongs to one of the five cars from the Santa Clara location. If the CSM plaque was missing then someone swiped it.

• 7 months later...

A fellow co worker just won 2015+ SS/GT/GTH class at Gardena CA Shelby event with his 2016 blown GTH exec 6sp. I will post a pic soon as I do the transfer to desktop. TeamShelby admin, how or when can we post pics from our phones??  Says file too big. Ugggh!

• 2 months later...

#108 showed up at our club meeting last night.  New owner just bought 2 weeks ago from a dealer in WI who had 5 of them.  Hopefully he'll be a new club member after last night, I don't think we scared him or his wife off.  And technically, he said it's his wife's car (birthday present, but I won't give the year) because she can drive the automatic, but not the Factory 5 Cobra that is a stick.

On 8/15/2018 at 1:19 PM, dshafs said:

Griffith Ford?  I had been watching that car.

Don't remember the dealer name, or if he told me the dealer, might've just told me the town, which I didn't recognize either.  I guess the 5 they had didn't last very long.

On 8/21/2016 at 5:24 PM, T-Bone68 said:

Rented CSM16H0034 out of San Jose Airport in June. I partly rented it because I wanted to hear the Borla exhaust before deciding to put one on my 2015 GT and still debating about sending mine off to become a Shelby GT. I have since put on a Borla, but still on the fence about the Shelby GT part.

Car was a ton of fun! Sounded awesome accelerating onto the highway and pleasantly surprised to hear the wheels chirp as the automatic shifted gears (promise Hertz I was good to it). Only wish it was offered in manual. Put it in a local Mustang show. Didn't expect to win anything, but just thought people would enjoy seeing it since it had only been out a few weeks at that point.

jnhrvy - thanks for all the awesome pics and info. Jealous you have a 6 speed and SC version. Hope we see you around Northern California mustang clubs.

Shelby GT H

CSM16H0034e

CSM16H0034a

CSM16H0034d

CSM16H0034c

GTH Stripe Marks

(Why the hood shot - Just liked how you could see the pencil marks Shelby used to line up the stripes)

T-Bone 68

I was reviewing the Forum and I came across your post. I bought 16H0035 (license 7TCH836) in November last year.

I didn't realize its providence was so close to the car you rented!

My car came from San Jose as well and was written about in the blog The Truth About Cars.

Did you ever convert to Shelby

2016 GT-H SMALL.JPG

Hey Gary,  very cool.  I probably have pictures of yours sitting next to mine at the airport.  I still remember the huge grin on my face as that car downshifts in Sport mode approaching a light.

I did finally convert to a Shelby.  I debated over it way too long and was finally ready to go for it when they announced they were canceling the Shelby GT.  Finally when they announced the lower price 2017 Super Snake I was ready and was one of the first in line.  You can see pics if you check my profile and other posts.  I’m in Los Gatos.  If you are anywhere near and want to join up for a cruise some time, let me know.

John

• 4 months later...