TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby GT-H Spotted Thread

what was the cost to rent it??

To rent one in San Jose California it is $399 a day. I was thinking about it for Snakes @ the Lake but I passed. Not sure what Quicksilvershelby got his for.

On a three day rental I paid:

Rental - $349.00/day

Concession fee/recovery (what ever the hell that is) - $118.19

MVL Tax & CFC (what ever the hell that is) - $26.75 + $1.49

Tax (I fully understand what that is) - $239.44

LDW ( Got this cause I was paranoid) - $269.97

LIS ( Got this cause I was paranoid) - $41.85

Then a discount cause I begged for it (I am a hard core negotiator) - ($25.00)

So int the end (the rear end :lol:) I paid a grand total of $1,719.69 US for a three day rental. (That equates to $2,234.05 in Canadian dollars :drop: )

Was it worth $573.23 per day to fly down to Chicago from Calgary, Alberta to rent a 2016 GT-H to drive (with one of my best buddies) in a 7 car convoy doing only 60 MPH all the way (cause we wanted to keep the 66 GT350 H in our convoy who was a little slower on the highway) to Mid Ohio to SAAC 41 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the GT350H/GT-H car on a dirt road at a show and shine with 30 or so other Hertz cars (covered in a shit ton of dust) and then drive another 6 1/2 hours back to Chicago (only 3 days later) then catch a 7 hour flight (two flights with a layover with a connector thought Toronto) then back to Calgary, Alberta. Was it worth $573.23 US a day ($744.68 Canadian).......? Was it worth it?????? You gawd damn right it was worth it!!!!!!! In fact, it seams kinda cheap for such an epic adventure.

post-20749-0-41136200-1467253307_thumb.jpg

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

On a three day rental I paid:

Rental - $349.00/day

Concession fee/recovery (what ever the hell that is) - $118.19

MVL Tax & CFC (what ever the hell that is) - $26.75 + $1.49

Tax (I fully understand what that is) - $239.44

LDW ( Got this cause I was paranoid) - $269.97

LIS ( Got this cause I was paranoid) - $41.85

Then a discount cause I begged for it (I am a hard core negotiator) - ($25.00)

So int the end (the rear end :lol:) I paid a grand total of $1,719.69 US for a three day rental. (That equates to $2,234.05 in Canadian dollars :drop: )

Was it worth $573.23 per day to fly down to Chicago from Calgary, Alberta to rent a 2016 GT-H to drive (with one of my best buddies) in a 7 car convoy doing only 60 MPH all the way (cause we wanted to keep the 66 GT350 H in our convoy who was a little slower on the highway) to Mid Ohio to SAAC 41 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the GT350H/GT-H car on a dirt road at a show and shine with 30 or so other Hertz cars (covered in a shit ton of dust) and then drive another 6 1/2 hours back to Chicago (only 3 days later) then catch a 7 hour flight (two flights with a layover with a connector thought Toronto) then back to Calgary, Alberta. Was it worth $573.23 US a day ($744.68 Canadian).......? Was it worth it?????? You gawd damn right it was worth it!!!!!!! In fact, it seams kinda cheap for such an epic adventure.

attachicon.gif16 GT-H #9.jpg

QSS

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

For Father's Day, the Mrs. got me a few days rental in my next obsession from Hertz and Shelby. I arrived at the Charlotte airport with bags in tow and passed my normal stop at the "pick any white goods applicance" rental counter and headed straight to the Hertz Adrenaline area. There, proudly displayed on a lighted ramp was 16H0041 which I promptly dropped my bags and took out my iphone to take pictures of the license plate and VIN assuming I would get the other car I could see parked nearby. It only took a few seconds before I heard the dreaded "Can I HELP you - code for move along weird guy taking pictures of something you shouldn't be". I told the nice lady in her Hertz regalia that I owned the cars from 2006 and 2007 and was pretty passionate about the program. A blank stare came back and she asked if I was interested in talking to the manager about renting the 'black one'. I sighed yes and she went to get the manager and I went back to taking lots of pictures of badges, etc. He came out and after confirming I was interested in renting one of the cars, asked me if I had a boarding pass from my flight in and I had a reservation for a flight back out. Knowing the drill from 2006 i told him yes. He said that was good as he was not allowed to rent to locals as Hertz wanted the cars back on a defined schedule and people who need to catch flights are more dependable than those I guess that decide at a whim when they will return it. After that line of questioning he took me into the little box they all live in and took all my money to pay for it. Next came out the checklist and he said he needed to go through the car in detail with me to ensure nothing was stolen or damaged that wasn't before I rented it. Again standard procedure from 2006 so I said no problem as he led me to the car on the ramp. He methodically went through his list pointing out all the badges, carbon fiber bits and engine caps. He checked off each on the list and then handed me the packet in triplicate to sign off on. He told me to hold on to that and bring the car back to the little yellow box they live in to get checked back in against the same list. The only damage was some paint damage on the rear passenger wheel.

He then had one of his minions pull the car off the ramp and handed me the keys. I pulled out of the parking garage and headed to the highway on ramp. First thing you notice is how awesome this car sounds. I didn't think it would sound that much better than the 06 car (my 07 sounds different than my 06 and I think the 06 is one of the best sounding V8 cars around) but it simply sounded awesome. I pulled onto the highway at full throttle and was amazed how good this car drove - the new mustang platform really is a huge step forward from the live rear axle for real world driving. I am not a fan of the auto trans in my other GT-Hs but this one was so good and the paddle shifters worked so well I'm not sure I'd want a manual transmission in this car - other than for collector value. The quality of the seats were really good and comfortable - I'd drive all day in this car. The quality of the GT-H bits and pieces were quite good other than the hood that bounced the entire journey and what appears to be the same vinyl gold stripes we all gripe about that will disintegrate once out of the rental fleet.

Lots of offramp - onramp full acceleration fun but I resisted any smoky burnouts or other abusing activities during my three day stay with it. # 41 was well behaved in 100 deg heat, the navigation worked well but the car sounded so good I never even turned on the radio. My only purist complaint is the missing hood pins (although they are a pain in the ) and I think the missing security wire was a huge miss as it is such an important part of the Hertz Shelby story.

I returned the car on Thursday morning and was greeted by the same manager who checked me out. There were two other GT-Hs there now for a total of 4. He completed my checklist, handed me my copy and I was on my way. I paid $249 day plus obscene taxes and other airport charges but it was well worth it.

For the future owner of 41 I will keep my paperwork and have many pictures of the car - assuming I'm not the future owner of it.

I will try to post pictures of it shortly.